Lowepro AW 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beyblade

Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
Hi all :bsmilie: ,

Would appreciate some advice as to how much the above bag shd cost. Went down to S'pore 2 days ago and hunted around the the Peninsula and Funan area, but seems to be out of stock at all outlets except for one shop on 1st flr of Peninsular Plaza ( K-13 or something like that ), asking for SGD 185 lowest. Went down to CP onthe grd flr and they quoted SGD 150, but stock will only arrive next month. But saw in Photography Review website that 1 Singaporean guy bought it for only SGD 85 !!! Anyway, went away empty handed and decided to consult this forum b4 aking my move.

Also those of u who use it, how do you find it ? Good ? I am currently using Mini Trekker and Orion Trekker. These are great bags, only problem is difficult to take out the camera quickly and easily. Same applies to changing lenses !

TQ :think:

the singaporean guy at photography review probably meant US$85. That's what I do too for my reviews there.

Beyblade said:
Also those of u who use it, how do you find it ? Good ? I am currently using Mini Trekker and Orion Trekker. These are great bags, only problem is difficult to take out the camera quickly and easily. Same applies to changing lenses !

TQ :think:

I use the Stealth Reporter 400 AW. Its the one with a zipper at the top to allow easy removal of camera when u need it. The only gripe I have is that the bag is quite deep. So when I need to change lenses, I need to dig deep into the bag to get the lense.

Other then that, I think its a fabulous bag. It can hold all my equipment.

Think I paid S$135 for it. Got it at Cathay.

Not sure if you are referring to the S&F or the Stealth Reporter. Perhaps thats why there is a "difference" in price.

Thanks 4 the responses. I'm surprised u find it too deep. I tried putting my M7 with sigma 70-200f2.8 vertically and it is "just" slightly taller than the bag, resulting in a very slight bulge at the top when i close the cover. I thot i would have preferred it a wee bit deeper, say by half an inch.
U got it for SGD 135 ? U think they will go down if i bargain ?
:D
Thanks again

Not too sure, you can ask for a better price....I got it at SGD$135.

Its a little deep for me. I don't have a long tele lens anyway...:D

If you get e-quote from CP, you better state your country to be "Singapore", otherwise they may include the shipping cost.

Hi beyblade,

you should only pay ard. $135 for a brand new bag, no more.

as for the names, i think that Lowerpro has rationalised their Street and Field (SF) series, and now the SF 400AW, is actually the Stealth 400AW. No difference in the size or layout.

i was using it for a while and have since use a 600AW, for the deeper pockets, and the laptop compartment.

both bags are OK with a 80-200 f2.8 lens attached to the body. the slight bulge for the 400AW is not a big issue, really. perhaps a 500AW can be considered too? :)

fruitybix said:
Hi beyblade,

you should only pay ard. $135 for a brand new bag, no more.

as for the names, i think that Lowerpro has rationalised their Street and Field (SF) series, and now the SF 400AW, is actually the Stealth 400AW. No difference in the size or layout.

i was using it for a while and have since use a 600AW, for the deeper pockets, and the laptop compartment.

both bags are OK with a 80-200 f2.8 lens attached to the body. the slight bulge for the 400AW is not a big issue, really. perhaps a 500AW can be considered too? :)

Thanks fruitybix. You are right, the SF series is now the Stealth. There is no difference in depth and height between the AW 400 & 500, only diff is the width ( wider by 2" ). Yes, I agree the slight bulge is no big deal and still looks OK.

Sigh, I am not sure I can get it reduced to SGD 135. Any recommendations which shop usually give a good price on these bags ? CP is the agent right ?

Cheers

Beyblade said:
...Sigh, I am not sure I can get it reduced to SGD 135. Any recommendations which shop usually give a good price on these bags ? CP is the agent right ?....

Cheers

Hi beyblade,

actually, under SGD140 is still an OK buy, not too much an issue. The bigger issue is stock availability. Check with CP, or Alan photo (Sim Lim Square) or MS Color (Ang Mo Kio Central area), and do tell them how much you are willing to pay. I got the 400AW for SGD137 mid-2003, so prices should not differ too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.