Lowe Seletar at Dawn

Both of your shot is beautifully taken and process, compare to mine is dull and boring, just different skill level , even with haze or no haze, the standard is different , but i am lucky enough to have so many senior giving me great advice showing me their works , i sincerely thanks everyone who comments of this thread.

No problem. Consider joining some outings in the Outings subform. So you can learn from each other. I also lead some outings from time to time. Will be doing one this weekend.

No problem. Consider joining some outings in the Outings subform. So you can learn from each other. I also lead some outings from time to time. Will be doing one this weekend.

Thanks for your inviting , already join.

, i am surprise why not much clubsnap member come to this place and take picture , there is sunrise in the morning.

Everytime I wake up early, there's always a lousy sunrise. i thought I'd better not jinx the time for others to shoot. :bsmilie:

The photo still look very raw. You said this is process in HDR but don't seems like it. Actually you still can bring out a lot of colors and slightly more details and with a single shot HDR. Should pay a little more attention to your details. That tree on the right frame is distracting and can be crop off easily for better framing. There is a lot of noise in the photo and can afford to de-noise a little more.

A quick example: - de-noise, single shot hdr to bring out more vibrant color and details. Is better to do re-shoot for better sunrise.

bt2XB.jpg

Last edited:
MGohzxc said:
The photo still look very raw. You said this is process in HDR but don't seems like it. Actually you still can bring out a lot of colors and slightly more details and with a single shot HDR. Should pay a little more attention to your details. That tree on the right frame is distracting and can be crop off easily for better framing. There is a lot of noise in the photo and can afford to de-noise a little more.

A quick example: - de-noise, single shot hdr to bring out more vibrant color and details. Is better to do re-shoot for better sunrise.

Definitely your version is much better than mine , especially that tree on the right frame , I did process in HDR but try not to over do it , your de noise also look good .
Thanks very much for your effort and example . Very helpful to me .

Once again you have create a different to the picture,in fact i am looking forward to what u can create,how i wish there any foreground elements , i am surprise why not much clubsnap member come to this place and take picture , there is sunrise in the morning.

Hi there Andy, I actually like this place very much and came quite a few times to shoot in the morning whenever I can find time.

Though I'm no expert, just share with you a composition that I personally quite like.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/land-city-scapes-travel/1132897-dawn-breaking.html

DMajor said:
Hi there Andy, I actually like this place very much and came quite a few times to shoot in the morning whenever I can find time.

Though I'm no expert, just share with you a composition that I personally quite like.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/land-city-scapes-travel/1132897-dawn-breaking.html

Same like u ,I also like this place very much , the picture u took is very good , definitely can be a great photographer.thank for showing me.

Foxshade said:
Everytime I wake up early, there's always a lousy sunrise. i thought I'd better not jinx the time for others to shoot. :bsmilie:

You must keep going back until you manage to get sunrise , their once I took my trouble to go there then I realize that I didn't bring my memory card , next day I went there again. Sorry for the late reply cause I miss your post, thanks for dropping by.

8076837401_80e7fea47b_b.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Any form of critique and comment is welcome.

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To improve my landscape photography skill by getting critique and comment from the expert.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken?(physical conditions/emotions)?
This picture was taken in the morning misty condition , Nikon 16-35mm f4 lens , iso100 31mm f22 5sec.Process in HDR.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
I find the colour is dull even after process in hdr, main element is right at centre and take 1/10 of the whole picture, very against the rule of a good picture, so is it the composition/hdr is ok to the expert eye.
Thanks everyone who drop by in advance.

First of all, F the HDR. It is a good tool for a few circumstance for the people who know how to use it, sparingly.

But a good photo must first be a good photo. You are trying to take good landscape photos NOT trying to create one with photoshop. The basis of understanding exposure, shooting in the right time of the day, weather conditions, etc, had never changed. Its great that you are returning to the spot a few times to get the right conditions.

In reality HDR is simply a magical tool to destroy photos that would otherwise be great and a wonderous way to stun the growth of photography.

JasonB said:
First of all, F the HDR. It is a good tool for a few circumstance for the people who know how to use it, sparingly.

But a good photo must first be a good photo. You are trying to take good landscape photos NOT trying to create one with photoshop. The basis of understanding exposure, shooting in the right time of the day, weather conditions, etc, had never changed. Its great that you are returning to the spot a few times to get the right conditions.

In reality HDR is simply a magical tool to destroy photos that would otherwise be great and a wonderous way to stun the growth of photography.

For me when I take picture , I want to be a good photographer , when I am doing photo processing , I want to be a good digital artist . Thanks very much for your advice ,when I take photo in the future , I will remember your quote.

Best is to try to leave as much picture raw..try to leave editing to the minimal..unless u want to make the image out of the world..raw photography is always best..

eggie87 said:
Best is to try to leave as much picture raw..try to leave editing to the minimal..unless u want to make the image out of the world..raw photography is always best..

For me I try many method to process the picture , I will have the raw version ,the natural version , surreal version and etc........ In my Harddisk,if I have any doubt in my picture , I will post it here to get feed back from anyone who are willing to help me. Thanks for advise.

Not to discount HDR entirely, or to advocate the use of it, to discount it entirely would seem strange, if not why would HDR tools continue to sell and cameras to incoporate it?

Even normal PP in photoshop can give unnatural look. But for me, i define the role of HDR primarily in a static or indoor/interior situation. This is where HDR does well. It would seem complex to do manual blending through layer mask for interior shots. As the scene would be close to static, digital algorithms will work well. I still use HDR once in awhile but mainly for the stated situations.

Not to discount HDR entirely, or to advocate the use of it, to discount it entirely would seem strange, if not why would HDR tools continue to sell and cameras to incoporate it?

Even normal PP in photoshop can give unnatural look. But for me, i define the role of HDR primarily in a static or indoor/interior situation. This is where HDR does well. It would seem complex to do manual blending through layer mask for interior shots. As the scene would be close to static, digital algorithms will work well. I still use HDR once in awhile but mainly for the stated situations.

Well said Nitewalk, fully agree with you .