Low Shutter Count

Marcus7

Oct 10, 2011
Chinatown
Hi everybody at CS,greetings to all.I am just wondering sometimes under the B&S column,some post will say low shutter count...So for u gurus out there,wat would u consider or even qualify as"low shutter count"...& is less than 7k a low SC to u guys...Please enlighten...Thanks!:dunno:

How low is considered 'low' depends on individual definition.

You can compared with the camera specification stated for each model (e.g. 1-series will have a longer life stated) then you can define 'high', 'medium', 'low' by % as compared to specs stated.

wow...great insight! thanks a lot!

Hi everybody at CS,greetings to all.I am just wondering sometimes under the B&S column,some post will say low shutter count...So for u gurus out there,wat would u consider or even qualify as"low shutter count"...& is less than 7k a low SC to u guys...Please enlighten...Thanks!:dunno:
What do you consider as high / medium / low mileage for a car? Define this and transfer the idea to cameras, there you are :)

What do you consider as high / medium / low mileage for a car? Define this and transfer the idea to cameras, there you are :)

:thumbsup: It really depends on individual. :D

Oh. I count by number of times i need to reformat card. :p. Heheh

Shutter count is the number of shutter actuations that occur each time the shutter opens and closes when taking pictures, whether in raw or jpeg format. Earlier SLR cameras were designed using older technologies, so their shutter lifespan may be shorter than the newer DSLRs. When you are considering to buy a new or used DSLR, it is helpful to do some research on the camera model you are interested in, by reading some reviews on the internet. There are no lack of camera review sites online, some offerings are more brief and others are lengthy. Some of these reviews also disclose the expected lifespan of the shutter lifespan. For example, in the review of the Nikon D90 by Ken Rockwell, the shutter lifespan is estimated at 100,000.

Personally I would consider a low shutter count to be at 10%-20% of the lifespan.
Hope this helps.