low lighting shots

Let say if i set to manual mode, which settings will you start on when adjusting to the situation?

what i mean is.. if its low lighting, do you first check on Aperture/Shutter speed first?
or its a simultaneous relationship..

TS, M mode give u more control and consistent exposures..

But require the need to act fast.. U sure u are comfortable? Advice u to stick to Aperture or Shutter priority modes first..

For Manual, u need to fall bk to ur cam light meter.. Norm is setting a shutter duration where u are comfortable shooting handhled.. and adjust everywhere else accordingly (pump up iso, open up aperture, -ve/+ve EV etc) to get a balanced exposure..

Of cos there's no hard fast rules, u need to know how each variables works in tandem with one another..

Let say if i set to manual mode, which settings will you start on when adjusting to the situation?

what i mean is.. if its low lighting, do you first check on Aperture/Shutter speed first?
or its a simultaneous relationship..

Err... Really depend on the object you are taking. ISO also need to play its part.
If moving object, high shutter speed is needed to "freeze" the object.
If non-moving stuff, and with tripot, shutter speed become less of a concern.
This is just a example, cause that is lots of difference "combo" with aperture, shutter speed and ISO to take the same object, really depend on what you expect the "effects" on the object.

well, personally i get better results with manual mode and that didn't happen in a day.

what i'm also saying is that its better for TS to start getting some practice on his DSLR and working within its limitations.