Low light + Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
flash photography is really a knowledge.... :bigeyes:

Yes it is. Really though, if you want to have best control of your results, Manual Exposure mode is the way to go.

Yes it is. Really though, if you want to have best control of your results, Manual Exposure mode is the way to go.

i am experimenting, and i make a discovery.
when in M mode, i can set the aperture to my desire setting, and shutter speed to 1/200. when i half tab, no doubt the exposure shown on the screen is -2, but the flash will fire off, and the pic looks good.

so can i say that, if i am using flash, i can just go ahead and set the aperture and shutter, and the 580exII will calculate and adjust the amount of light to balance my exposure?

when in M mode, i can set the aperture to my desire setting, and shutter speed to 1/200. when i half tab, no doubt the exposure shown on the screen is -2, but the flash will fire off, and the pic looks good.

so can i say that, if i am using flash, i can just go ahead and set the aperture and shutter, and the 580exII will calculate and adjust the amount of light to balance my exposure?

The flash on TTL will oni ensure correct exposure for ur subject..background/ambient still depends very much on shutter speed..

Wasn't that what I told you?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4207029&postcount=17

blazer_workz has a good point about the background though. If the background is far away, it'll take a little experimenting. If the subject and the background are at close to the same light level, the subject better be standing quite still.

Wasn't that what I told you?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4207029&postcount=17

blazer_workz has a good point about the background though. If the background is far away, it'll take a little experimenting. If the subject and the background are at close to the same light level, the subject better be standing quite still.

Sorry sorry, my apologise. I a bit slow la.

Another question, i using bounce flash off the ceiling. Isn't it suppose to light the whole area? Including background?

Sorry sorry, my apologise. I a bit slow la.

Another question, i using bounce flash off the ceiling. Isn't it suppose to light the whole area? Including background?

wah..if bounce can light up whole area..then we still need strobes for wat? :bsmilie:even strobes is limited by its power..

Bouncing flash off ceiling/wall/reflector has 2 purpose:
1. Diffused and softer light
2. Light comes from different direction which gives subject some form of dimension instead of firing head on which makes lighting very flat

Depends on how far away the background is. Remember inverse square law of light propagation. Twice the distance, 1/4 (not 1/2) the amount of light.

Status
Not open for further replies.