Low light and Capture speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wei411

Oct 19, 2009
Hi everyone. I am new here.
Would appreciate if someone here can advise me what brand/model of camera should I buy.
My budget is around S$400.
Capture speed=When you take photo it will capture fast and clear. If I can't get this within my budget, pls also advise me around how much. Thks.

i'm a noob with noob answer. sony a230? i think $699 rental price o.o.......... I dont think there is dslr $400 o.o ........ never seen before

Capture speed should be response time.

Compact camera has a slow response time and shutter lag. SLR will have much better response time. But, the cheapest DSLR and will overshoot your budget.

D3000 is about $850 including kit lens.

For that budget you only can get a 2nd hand DSLR. For some indcations please have a look at the Personal Classifieds here. Regarding shutter lag: DSLR is faster than PnS, for further details regarding specific models you can check www.dpreview.com.

i think e420...can find at 400+. d40 can be found @ 450-500? thats slr la

compact...seems all the same to me...hahah...haven met a low light fast compact yet

Hi everyone. I am new here.
Would appreciate if someone here can advise me what brand/model of camera should I buy.
My budget is around S$400.
Capture speed=When you take photo it will capture fast and clear. If I can't get this within my budget, pls also advise me around how much. Thks.
might want to learn about how light works for a camera like shutter speed or aperture size as well as first curtain and second curtain if you intend on a slr system.

what i recommend would be a used Canon 300D with 50mm f/1.8 with your budget and then rent photography books from local library. Then if you are feeling adventurous can simply rent the gear you need.

one advantage of this budget setup is that if you ever need a 70-200 f2.8, the mount will work as the 300D works with both EF and EFS mount lens.

might want to learn about how light works for a camera like shutter speed or aperture size as well as first curtain and second curtain if you intend on a slr system.

what i recommend would be a used Canon 300D with 50mm f/1.8 with your budget and then rent photography books from local library. Then if you are feeling adventurous can simply rent the gear you need.

one advantage of this budget setup is that if you ever need a 70-200 f2.8, the mount will work as the 300D works with both EF and EFS mount lens.

all canon dslrs accept the above mentioned EF lens.

its EFs that u might hv problem, not EF.

I'm confused about the part in bold...
Wouldn't the 400D, 450D, 500D, 30D, 40D, etc etc etc.... also be the same?

i think e420...can find at 400+. d40 can be found @ 450-500? thats slr la

compact...seems all the same to me...hahah...haven met a low light fast compact yet

Talking about new item. 2nd hand, any prices is possible. :D

As suggested by the others do take a look at what's being offered in the 'Personal Classified' section for something within your budget.

At the moment the cheapest brand new DSLR - Sony A230 is at $699 which is above your budget. If you wnat a brand new cam, then I would suggest that you save up a bit more. Do note that you would still require a dry box/cabinet and lens filters inaddition to your cam body and kit lens.

For you current budget, it's still possible to get a 2nd hand cam. In fact I have just sold one of my cam with kit lens to a friendly buyer for less than $400. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.