"Low ballers will be politely ignored"

GlassEye

Dec 29, 2010
Some advertisers like to use this line: "Low ballers will be politely ignored. Thanks"

Now this is interesting. How does one "ignore politely" and how does one "ignore rudely"? Hmmm . . . .
:embrass:

Some advertisers like to use this line: "Low ballers will be politely ignored. Thanks"

Now this is interesting. How does one "ignore politely" and how does one "ignore rudely"? Hmmm . . . .

To find out ... try offering 10% of the price to some of the sellers lah :bsmilie: :sweat:

I would think that this is relative to "responding rudely".

Sometimes, when you put up an asking price of say, $200, and people offer $20, obviously it is more polite to ignore than to snap back at them. As to whether you should even respond, my sense is that they are just being plain ridiculous, so you are wasting your breath. :)

respond politely: sir, your offer is too low, and i am sorry, but i have to decline ur offer.
respond rudely: sir, your freaking offer is too fragging low, knn, u think i 3 effing years old ar, mcb, stop f***ing waste my fragging time, tns!

I wonder what does politely ignored differs from aggressively ignored.... hmm....

I would think that this is relative to "responding rudely".

Sometimes, when you put up an asking price of say, $200, and people offer $20, obviously it is more polite to ignore than to snap back at them. As to whether you should even respond, my sense is that they are just being plain ridiculous, so you are wasting your breath. :)

agree...if buyer offer a price and don't get a response, means buyer is being politely ignored...:)

ignore rudely: ....... *silence*
ignore politely: ....... *silence*

it's still silence both ways if you're talking about no personal contact on the WWW :bsmilie:

but if it's face to face:
ignore politely: steely smile and gentle flick of the head to look away and then...silence
ignore rudely: flipping the bird at you and storming off :D

i suppose that rudely ignored would be a pm with a :angry:

But that wouldn't be ignoring, that would be a reply/response already.

I invent a new emoticon: (Edit: CENSORED) strictly for this purpose...

:D Nuth'n... didn't type nuth'n! You haven't missed ANYTHING.... :sweat:

Last edited:
Haha sometimes low-ballers also got disclaimers "please ignore this msg if you find the price too low" very hard to get angry once they say that:bsmilie:

But that wouldn't be ignoring, that would be a reply/response already.

Exactly!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ignore = no response.

The sellers must understand that whether a person is a high baller or low baller depends on his height and how long are his legs. :bsmilie:

:thumbsup: Well done, doctor! ;)

Maybe there is such thing as knowingly ignore and unknowingly ignore...

knowingly : seller returns a kind of message saying he's got you but letting you know that he is REALLY ignoring you...

unknowingly : you are like a piece of glass... (it's like you're never really there)... :bsmilie:

Ignore politely : either dont reply or "I shall ignore u becos u are offering me too low a price"
ignore rudely : %%$#

On second thought, what is ignore?

Ignore politely : either dont reply or "I shall ignore u becos u are offering me too low a price"
ignore rudely : %%$#

On second thought, what is ignore?

But like brapodam said, if reply means not ignoring mah, confusing leh:confused: