"Low ballers will be politely ignored"

GlassEye

Dec 29, 2010
Some advertisers like to use this line: "Low ballers will be politely ignored. Thanks"

Now this is interesting. How does one "ignore politely" and how does one "ignore rudely"? Hmmm . . . .
:embrass:

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
Some advertisers like to use this line: "Low ballers will be politely ignored. Thanks"

Now this is interesting. How does one "ignore politely" and how does one "ignore rudely"? Hmmm . . . .
To find out ... try offering 10% of the price to some of the sellers lah :bsmilie: :sweat:

edutilos-

Dec 28, 2010
The Universe
www.facebook.com

I would think that this is relative to "responding rudely".

Sometimes, when you put up an asking price of say, $200, and people offer $20, obviously it is more polite to ignore than to snap back at them. As to whether you should even respond, my sense is that they are just being plain ridiculous, so you are wasting your breath. :)

Oct 30, 2007
www.flickr.com
respond politely: sir, your offer is too low, and i am sorry, but i have to decline ur offer.
respond rudely: sir, your freaking offer is too fragging low, knn, u think i 3 effing years old ar, mcb, stop f***ing waste my fragging time, tns!

PaulKami

Sep 9, 2007
paulkami.com
I wonder what does politely ignored differs from aggressively ignored.... hmm....

coolsigg

Nov 28, 2005
I would think that this is relative to "responding rudely".

Sometimes, when you put up an asking price of say, $200, and people offer $20, obviously it is more polite to ignore than to snap back at them. As to whether you should even respond, my sense is that they are just being plain ridiculous, so you are wasting your breath. :)
agree...if buyer offer a price and don't get a response, means buyer is being politely ignored...:)

kei1309

Apr 12, 2010
Earth
www.facebook.com
ignore rudely: ....... *silence*
ignore politely: ....... *silence*

it's still silence both ways if you're talking about no personal contact on the WWW :bsmilie:

but if it's face to face:
ignore politely: steely smile and gentle flick of the head to look away and then...silence
ignore rudely: flipping the bird at you and storming off :D

Apr 7, 2010
Southern Enclave
I invent a new emoticon: (Edit: CENSORED) strictly for this purpose...

:D Nuth'n... didn't type nuth'n! You haven't missed ANYTHING.... :sweat:

Last edited:

spree86

Feb 3, 2009
Bishan
www.flickr.com
Haha sometimes low-ballers also got disclaimers "please ignore this msg if you find the price too low" very hard to get angry once they say that:bsmilie:

GlassEye

Dec 29, 2010
The sellers must understand that whether a person is a high baller or low baller depends on his height and how long are his legs. :bsmilie:

:thumbsup: Well done, doctor! ;)

Apr 7, 2010
Southern Enclave
Maybe there is such thing as knowingly ignore and unknowingly ignore...

knowingly : seller returns a kind of message saying he's got you but letting you know that he is REALLY ignoring you...

unknowingly : you are like a piece of glass... (it's like you're never really there)... :bsmilie:

leowyien

Jan 31, 2010
Serangoon
Ignore politely : either dont reply or "I shall ignore u becos u are offering me too low a price"
ignore rudely : %%$#

On second thought, what is ignore?

Top Bottom