Status
Not open for further replies.

KNIGHT ONG

Dec 18, 2003
PAKISTAN
www.pbase.com
The loving couple at China Square ..

27594454.jpg

This image doesn't do it for me. Red is a eye catching color, but in this case it does not stand out coz the background is also reddish, and is too sharp : the textures on it are too distracting.

The cropping off of the legs, arms and right side of the body of the figures are somewhat jarring to me and makes the figures look incomplete and tragic, quite opposite of the "loving couple" title would suggest.

chriszzz said:
This image doesn't do it for me. Red is a eye catching color, but in this case it does not stand out coz the background is also reddish, and is too sharp : the textures on it are too distracting.

The cropping off of the legs, arms and right side of the body of the figures are somewhat jarring to me and makes the figures look incomplete and tragic, quite opposite of the "loving couple" title would suggest.

at first look one may see the red couple, but soon one sees the heart shape appears right in front of you. Since both subjects(loving couple and heart) share the same contours, both can be seen as subjects. For me, I see the heart as subject so I dun mind the cropping of the couples hands and legs, they become mere background.

Status
Not open for further replies.