Lovers by the Sea

yinsheng

Mar 12, 2010
Singapore
IMG_1762.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composure, Story aspect. I'm generally trying to get an opinion from other photographers in the forum on their thoughts about this picture because I've got good comments from friends.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I wanted to capture the feeling i felt when i saw this couple sitting on the stone wall overlooking the pier.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
In hakodate, hokkaido, japan on a nice cloudy day. Using my 550d with 18-135 i quickly snapped this picture. Felt moved by the scene.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I actually love this picture, but I wouldn't say it was the best of my collection. I'm welcoming opinions on how u feel about the picture and what you would've done to improve it.

Thanks all. Cheers.

Hey!
Good attempt. The mood and the feel is there.. but the title you gave doesn't suit the image.
Lovers dont sit so far from each other for a start. Both are looking down giving more of a depressed feeling. The yellow crane in the background is distracting.

You could have improved the composition if you took the shot perhaps at say 30deg angle to the wall from the guys side. That might give a perception that the both of them are sitting closer to each other. ;)

Just my 2 cents.. good luck!:thumbsup:

if your wall is leveled nicely, it would be better...dunno if you can get a better view of the background or not coz the big yellow structure is not very romantic yet distracting..:bsmilie:

"lovers by the sea" is aptly...juz tt this depicts them cooling down after a tiff...:D

they don't look like lovers as their bodies are too much apart. not much intimacy going on. looks like friends having a conversation. or cooling down after a lovers quarrel.:bheart:

also the background isn't the most romantic setting, which again kills the "lovers" presumption.

you might try taking the photo a bit to your right. that way from your position you can get their bodies to look closer, with the guy a bit behind the girl. and following the background, looks like it could be less cluttered on the left, you might have even taken out the "industrial" crane.

just throwing in my opinion ;)

very romantic scene to me......
cheers bro.......:thumbsup::thumbsup:

all i see here is a simple snap shot of people who are unaware that they were being photographed... the industrial structures are bright and distracting, especially the crane. it doesn't really suggest "love".

nice try though, keep shooting!

haha, would seem more like lovers if there wasn' a gap between the two people. you could have shifter your perspective from a side angle until they look like they are next to each other Suggest "Contemplating Love" as a title for this too.