Love Hurts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splutter

Dec 28, 2003
Gim Boon Tai
www.splutterphotography.com
Playing around again. Comments much needed!! :)

9.jpg

*Image updated*

Nice lighting. I think if there was a model to go along with broken vase, it would be cool. Make that a sexy bombshell, with long hair... ok you get the idea. Cheers!

works for me =) ... btw, how much did that vase cost? ... :S ... figure u broke it for the pic?

Glad you guys like it, but somehow I think something is missing :what:
Yup, intentionally broken ;p I had to looked around quite a lot of places before I found a suitable one thats justifiable to break, hahaz. I bought it at Daiso at IMM for $2. The irony was I wrapped it in newspaper to bring home just to break it :)

:thumbsup: you're on your way to product shots.

just watch for the dark patch (shadow of rose) on the leaf behind the rose. Shadows a bit too harsh for me

hmm ... did u use an omni bounce or bounce card? ... anyways maybe its missing a few drops of blood? =X ... maybe .. cut finger on the broken vase? ... =X or ... hurt so much until bleed ... or ... love until nose bleed? lolz ...

I wanted to put in some blood, but I guess I'll save it for a shoot coming up ;p
For this shot, a strobe with softbox was used from behind (eg, top of pic). For the front side light, I fired a hotshoe flash wireless. Can't seem to get the ratio right though.

Splutter said:

mebbe should take it just at the time of impact/glass shattering for more drama? needs precise timing though.

Splutter said:
Yup, intentionally broken ;p I had to looked around quite a lot of places before I found a suitable one thats justifiable to break, hahaz. I bought it at Daiso at IMM for $2. The irony was I wrapped it in newspaper to bring home just to break it :)

hmm ... something missing? hmm ... maybe the arrangement of the broken pieces of glass did not suggest a break that's hard enough to hurt, couldn't feel the impact ... and no need blood, maybe one or two petals coming off the flower is enough.

Splutter said:
Haha uncle zaren, I can forsee myself buying an entire carton of the vase then :)

no kidding....one of the pbase galleries had pics of breaking glass,,, and the guy literally went through a carton of glasses..... art dun come cheap! :bsmilie:

Splutter said:
Haha uncle zaren, I can forsee myself buying an entire carton of the vase then :)

or have a model of the 'moment of breakage' built ... can be quite costly as well :sweat:

The constrast abit flat but nice concept. In PS, shift the midtones and shadows to abit more to the rights. your rose redness will come to life...and with abit more of sharpen will bring everything back to life

maybe with few petals coming off....to depict the hurts in love

just my 2 cents...

Hope it helps~

Cheers~

eikin said:
or have a model of the 'moment of breakage' built ... can be quite costly as well :sweat:

or....shoot it with a 12fps DSLR....... can get the shot by breaking just one glass.

Splutter said:
Actually the colours were really brilliant, this is the desaturated version. I tot its better if the mood was more sombre?

Yes it does. It will look abit dark red, not really bright red in the end.
experiment it...n u will see :)
Cheers~

Splutter said:
Okie, tried your suggestion. Does it work better now? Hahaz

Mine is a bit different from your...
i post here if you dun mind ?

Status
Not open for further replies.