Lousy Service at Cathay Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

xieyuqi

Mar 10, 2002
Visit site
I went to Cathay Photo yesterday to buy a teleconvertor and lens adaptor for my G5. I was made to wait at the counter for several minutes while several sales person were chatting to themselves. Customers in suit and ties get immediate attention as they come in after me.

The worst thing is that i was quoted 169 and 39 for the teleconvertor and lens adaptor. FULL RETAIL PRICE as shown on canon's website. Everyone here knows that we can get canon things at abt 15-20 % off the full retail price. Of course I tried to ask for discount politely but was told that was the price they sell to everone.

I bought my stuff separately from Alan Photo and MS Colour AMK who promptly quote me a resonable price without any need to bargain. I spent less time buying from Alan Photo and MS Colour compared to waiting for lousy service at Cathay Photo.

Some service from Cathay Photo which everyone praised!

Conclusion. Cathay Photo is not as good as everyone most people claimed!

May 1, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Next time try going in suit and tie. Better still get a Caucasian friend/colleague to go with you. Sure they will sure both of you like King/Queen.

xieyuqi said:
I went to Cathay Photo yesterday to buy a teleconvertor and lens adaptor for my G5. I was made to wait at the counter for several minutes while several sales person were chatting to themselves. Customers in suit and ties get immediate attention as they come in after me.

The worst thing is that i was quoted 169 and 39 for the teleconvertor and lens adaptor. FULL RETAIL PRICE as shown on canon's website. Everyone here knows that we can get canon things at abt 15-20 % off the full retail price. Of course I tried to ask for discount politely but was told that was the price they sell to everone.

I bought my stuff separately from Alan Photo and MS Colour AMK who promptly quote me a resonable price without any need to bargain. I spent less time buying from Alan Photo and MS Colour compared to waiting for lousy service at Cathay Photo.

Some service from Cathay Photo which everyone praised!

Conclusion. Cathay Photo is not as good as everyone most people claimed!

togu

Jul 11, 2002
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
The thread had served it's purpose in sharing the thread starter's bad experience, it'll be closed.

Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom