Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

Status
Not open for further replies.
...which means that photographers are paid few thousands for a day!

before you burst, can you at least show us a sample or two pictures taken by these photographers? i really hope it wasn't me..

but really, it's hard to imagine a few thousands for a day photographer took vertical full pictures without legs for the bride and groom.. i wonder what phone are you using can take better pictures than theirs?

no wonder i dont get any job because i use a camera phone! Should have known something was wrong all these years...

Its not that i dun want to recommend them anyone or from clubsnap here, its because they have already make engagment sometime back, I dun even suspect this kinda things would happen because of the high cost...

I am using samsung pixon, its a pretty good on camera... lol. :bsmilie:

I am using samsung pixon, its a pretty good on camera... lol. :bsmilie:

right, a samsung. good for you.

base on the history, i only see that you took an UFO photo?
i hope it wasn't taken using that phone.

.. i really hope it wasn't me..

now i remember i don't do weddings for money, and i'm not even a pro.

how much did the wedding couple pay for the Ad service?
they hire him direct or thru the bridal saloon?

Sidetrack:
Has TS been to a wedding where the wedding couple torture the photographer to work non almost stop from 5am to 11pm? 5am-2pm> shoot at bride and groom place, 2pm-6pm> last min outdoor shoot, 630-7pm> dinner break, but at 650pm, rush photographer back to shoot rehersal, 7pm-11pm> AD dinner. Photographer had no seat given to makan either.

The wedding couple can even go for a nap at 630pm while the sibling told the photographer to continue shooting rehersals of MC, deco, etc. A 30min dinner break was given in that 18hours. If i were that photographer, i wont have mood to shoot as that was a bloody slave mentality.

A photographer is still a crew. Is still a person. Treat him with some dignity and let him settle with the couple. It is not our business nor the TS as the agreement was between couple and photographer.:angel:

Hahaha....don't mind doing that if I am paid $5K for it....:sweatsm::sweat:

How bad are the photos themselves? Perhaps you could get one and scan it up?

I would also like to add that all pictures are not even touch up... its just anyhow shoot, then burn into a disc & Finish

Some wedding photographers shoot in JPEG and rush the shots out for the slide show during dinnertime.

Even using 1ds mark3, shoot terrible expression at guests...
Hmm..

Well, true, but think again. If you were in that category, you would probably walk off to have a proper lunch, dinner and to release poop. But that photographer had only 30min to do all that at 630pm.

I had heard of another chap who was told off by the sister of the groom not to sit at all during the whole AD. They were not allowed to touch food or drink on table. They didnt know the rules about class system (hint hint).
No lunch break or dinner break given. Guess what, the crew told couple they need to smoke, went off for 1.5hrs to had a good meal. Then that sister kept calling them to come back. Which they didnt do so immediately.

In the end, both videographer and photographer edited off her face in all shots. She complained, but they said they had very high expectations to save the best shot for her. unfortunately, she blinked in those shots and could not be at the right spot at the right time. LOL

Well I am just glad that I do not depend on my "client" to feed my stomach.:bsmilie: I have taken many weddings...may be I was lucky....every wedding dinner I have a seat. But could only eat 2-3 dishes at most.....:bsmilie:

Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO...
Nothing new.......even in CS.....many ppls minic themselves as pro and giving out crap comments.

Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO...
Nothing new.......even in CS.....many ppls minic themselves as pro and giving out crap comments.

Some members give themselves titles of 'Pioneer' & 'Founder', mimic themselves as pros, and then give out crap comments.

Some members give themselves titles of 'Pioneer' & 'Founder', mimic themselves as pros, and then give out crap comments.

LOL...... :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Just a few quick questions,

1: Did the couple like the photos?
2: Did you view the photographer's portfolio?
3: Does it mean high iso = bad photos? Because as far as i know even very very high end photographers shoot at iso 3200 or 6400 on digital & film
4: High cost = how much?
5: Are your doubts and unhappiness based on your own personal preference and liking to how a photo should look?

I'm not inciting anything, but wanna get my facts right first before i let my train of thoughts proceed. :)

I hate to say this but i have attented a few weddings of my relatives and friends these recent mths, Saw photographers carry big ex lens and bodys like 5d, 5dm11 1ds mark III or whatever looks pro. I dunno how photographers in sg practice these days, shooting at Super high ISO daylight and dinner time, nearly all the pictures are unacceptable in my point of view. The composition is totally "any how shoot" type. Can really throw away all the pictures. Perhaps out of 100, only 1-2 is acceptable. They silly pple never even capture the "tea" session properly, werid angle, cant see head! Vertical Full pictures without legs for the bride and groom... *Faint*

I am quiet disapointed with these photographers. Carrying pro equipments doesnt mean pro... which mislead many pple who think pple who carry big lens and cameras are pro... I can even take much better pictures using my HANDPHONE~~!

I felt really upset for their weddings which is totally spoilt by these unprofessionally pple mimic themselves by using good equipments and make em look pro so they can earn a living, cant imaging the photographers still dare to charge $$$ for such lousy works...

Lousy unsharp pictures, Lousy composition, Lousy High ISO Quality photos *Even using 1ds mark3, shoot terrible expression at guests...

I hate to say that but it really terrible to know there are pple working out there cheating without pride...

I suggest those who think that using pro equipment could lead you to make money without even brushing up the skills, you are wrong, wake up PLS... Dun be selfish and rune others Happy weddings. Its quiet sad when they see the pictures u know. But no choice, paid and cannot reverse too...

Skills is much much more important that equipments~ Good photographers can take better pictures using kit lens than lousy pple who uses pro cameras n lens.
I think you are looking at a different genre of wedding day photography, I believe that your relatives and friends are engaging the photographers shooting in wedding photojournalist style, which is not acceptable to some older generation people.

If you are looking for the style of shooting traditional Chinese tea ceremony in a way like award presentation, everybody with hands holding the tea cups or Hong Bao and look at camera with a smile. and every vertical shots must see full body from head to toes, every portrait pose must be full frontal, before taking any photos must prompt the subjects like "Kan Jin Tou! Yi! Er! San! Xiao!!" (Look into the lens, One, Two, Three, Say Cheese.......). Every shots must with flash, day or night, indoor or outdoor. This type of traditional wedding day photos are more appeal to older generation people, most couples does not want this style anymore. however, if you want, I still can shoot this style of weddings, since I did this many many years ago.
I would also like to add that all pictures are not even touch up... its just anyhow shoot, then burn into a disc & Finish! Argh...

I will prob kill that fellow who rune my wedding.... lol

btw, all along wedding event photos does not have touch up, since the days we are shooting wedding on film only, tho nowadays we shoot digital, technically digital facial touch up can be done, but still not people want it, simply because of couple not willing to pay, the cost of digital touch up will cost more than the photography itself, who will want to pay a few thousand dollars for a 300 pieces 4R photo album with touch up? there is no way for a photographer to spend ten twenty hours touch up a few hundreds photos for FREE isn't it?

I personally find that checking at photographers "portfolio" is totally useless...

For example, if a photographer attend studio shoots to obtain various portfolios, eveything has been setup nicely, nice makeup, light, beautiful gals, there is not way, the picture will turn out bad... Then he claims he is pro to mislead pple.

And also what makes you think that this is his real portfolio, these pictures can be taken by 1 person and they sharing the same portfolio to multiple pple.... I believe there are pple who practices these habits.

I believe its very important to interview the photographers personally to know his charactristic before engage his service.
I been in this trade for some years, has seen all sorts of funny funny things, of course there are some "fake" photographers, a pro photographer must work very hard to get his name out, that will take a couple of years, so usually they won't want to go any short cut, cause it will ruin all the effort instantly.

Some photographers will want to take short cuts, but under the watchful eyes of customers and other photographers with the help of internet, people who take short cuts will be exposed shortly, these people won't last long in the trade. need not to worry too much about these if you shop photographers with eyes open.

Wow! You sound really disappointed and I can understand why. I have attended few weddings in Sg, and all I can say is that, some people just got too much confidence man. If I were you, I would tell them how you feel, and how disappointed you are with there work.

I would love to see the fotos from these you called lousy photographers. :D

Last edited:

i thought this is the way to REVITALISE photography?

i am founding a club called REVITALISERS, who wants to join so that i can put pioneer and founder in my signature?? :bsmilie:

Smart people will ask the close friend who own a camera for help.
The good friend will recommend a wedding photog to help because he takes nothing else except then interiors and exteriors
The photog is a good friend of him.
Photog takes pictures that the couples wanted for the wedding.
Happy ending. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.