DSC02030.jpg

ISO 100
F8
25s

DSC02031.jpg

ISO 100
F8
15s

The last couple of shots were pretty overexposed. Sorry.

Comments, are, welcome! :)

Wat was the bright star in the 2nd pic? A UFO?:D

:rbounce: well done !!

notice today strait times has two version ... those selling at the neighbour might get a lousy pic of the fireworks .. those at orchard will see something different :D

Did you shoot this from hand / mono pod or tripod? The 1st few look a bit over exposed and some camera shake?

Just an observation.

Originally posted by franciskc
Wat was the bright star in the 2nd pic? A UFO?:D

I think its an exploding firework, and the exposure just cut off just after the initial burst of light. Unfortunately, I do not have bulb mode.

Originally posted by Minority
Did you shoot this from hand / mono pod or tripod? The 1st few look a bit over exposed and some camera shake?

Just an observation.

Tripod, U6600. Which pics do you percive to have camera shake? (I couldn't spot any)

Originally posted by Minority

Just an observation.

Couldn't be hand-held for sure :D

Originally posted by oceanxp

notice today strait times has two version ... those selling at the neighbour might get a lousy pic of the fireworks .. those at orchard will see something different :D

wah really? Price same? :dunno:

Originally posted by Zoomer

I think its an exploding firework, and the exposure just cut off just after the initial burst of light. Unfortunately, I do not have bulb mode.

Hardest fireworks to snap is when the fireworks starts to burst? :bsmilie:

Actually ur pics are quite nice compared to mine. Ur location is much better then mine. My skills not as good as urs. :D But the crowd is really too big, Marina is not big enuff for such events.

Originally posted by revenant

Couldn't be hand-held for sure :D

wah really? Price same? :dunno:

price the same ... the different is one from the back scene of the reclaim land and the other is from the high rise shots ...

i was surprise also ...
:D

Originally posted by oceanxp

price the same ... the different is one from the back scene of the reclaim land and the other is from the high rise shots ...

i was surprise also ...
:D

COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN

Originally posted by franciskc
Actually ur pics are quite nice compared to mine. Ur location is much better then mine. My skills not as good as urs. :D But the crowd is really too big, Marina is not big enuff for such events.

I was on the nicoll bridge with a lot of clubsnappers.

I didn't choose that location, they did. Kudos to them.

Originally posted by Zoomer

I was on the nicoll bridge with a lot of clubsnappers.

I didn't choose that location, they did. Kudos to them.

What? Huh? Who huh? :D
Hahaha......hope u guys enjoy it.

Originally posted by scanner

What? Huh? Who huh? :D
Hahaha......hope u guys enjoy it.
Ok.

Thanks to scanner, who choose the location!

Happy? :D ;p

:embrass:
Paiseh. For the bad location I've chosen.
U noe, Murphy Law comes into play this time round. :D

:embrass:
Paiseh. For the bad location I've chosen.
U noe, Murphy Law comes into play this time round. :D

?

I was thinking, quite a good location. ;p

Btw, please blast all your comments about my shots, would like to improve. Thanks. :D

1st of all, not bad as a 1st timer, I say. ;)

Comments? Here I go:
Pic DCS02011 and 2012 - A tighter croppings will be more ideal - it a good idea to have a certain landmark beside it - Maybank as what U have here.

The rest of the pics - Shorter exposure say about half of the setting time might be more ideal as the pics look a bit too clutter and slightly overexposured. (I understand that it is hard to control this, me too difficult to control this as well, need more exposure in this area....).

Hope my 2 cents of inputs helps.
Any other comments from the experts? (I'm learning as well). ;)

1st of all, not bad as a 1st timer, I say. ;)

Comments? Here I go:
Pic DCS02011 and 2012 - A tighter croppings will be more ideal - it a good idea to have a certain landmark beside it - Maybank as what U have here.

The rest of the pics - Shorter exposure say about half of the setting time might be more ideal as the pics look a bit too clutter and slightly overexposured. (I understand that it is hard to control this, me too difficult to control this as well, need more exposure in this area....).

Hope my 2 cents of inputs helps.
Any other comments from the experts? (I'm learning as well). ;)

I agree with you on the exposure part. Guess I was thinking more is better. :embrass:
I shall try to take better ones the next time around.

Btw, experts please do give comments! Don't care if its insulting, u can say my pics sucks to the core, but must also say why and have to be constructive! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.