Lourve

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Hi guys...

Another shot of something iconic to Paris... Lourve.... I was thinking of converting to b&w but decide not to do it 1st. Appreciate any comments, good and bad :) . I will post more later on why i like this pic and why i took this pic. Cheers!
D15b-Paris-Lourve-_25_-web_w_frame.jpg

The proper name should be Louvre Museum (and Palace) though there are versions using the word 'Lourve' it is probably a 'popularisation' of a wrong spelling?

you try to juxtapose the curvilinear stairway with the angular trusses and framed the two human elements in. IMHO the intention may be an interesting one but the shot is too tightly cropped and looks very flat as an interior shot. the crop cuts away the stairway, making it a framing element rather than the primary object, and it frames an empty white space with trusses running across. the two human elements seem to be 'trying' to give some sense of depth and scale but failed because of the inharmonious coming together of the lines with little shadow details. this seems also to be an inappropriate use of the rules of third as i can't see whether the lower 2/3 is 'supporting' the upper 1/3 or the other way round, both seems just as important, or just as unimportant.

Status
Not open for further replies.