Lotus leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccube78

Jan 6, 2004
This is just an attempt at something abstract. The reflection of the sky is the main attraction for me, as well as the brown droplets of water on the lotus leaf.

5446a.jpg

The greens are nicely saturated. You would like to bring up more blues in the reflection and make a colour saturated picture.

Right now, my eyes are drawn to the brown water which doesn't have any meaning.

how about reducing the aperture? so there will be better focus on the clouds? askin only, heh..

why are the droplets brown.. i tot clear ones will look better?

The droplets happen to be brown, perhaps I should have done some PS to change the color to something blue.

About the aperture, it didn't cross my mind. I will remember to take note of that in the future.

Ya, I should have done something about the blues in the sky in PS to make them more saturated. Thanks for the suggestion!

Works for me because of the saturated colours.
The brown droplets adds a little interest to an otherwise 'plain' picture. It draws attention to itself even more because of the fact it's placed in the 'rule-of-thirds' intersection.

Mmmh somehow I feel the brown water droplets are kind of disturbing. :think: Maybe it does add something to the pic, but it somehow just don't make me feel at ease. Maybe its because we always perceive water droplets to be clear, especially in a beautiful lily covered pond. Anyway its just my 0.01 cents worth :)

Status
Not open for further replies.