Jun 4, 2005
TPY
Hi! 1st flower shot n in the nite time also.:sweat:

IMG_8068.jpg

IMG_8063.jpg

IMG_8066.jpg

Please help me to improve!
Thank you everyone in advance!

Your pics are too large, please make them 800x600 max.

Comments . 1st pic too soft and underexposed. 1/4secs is too slow even for tripod because the flower might move in the wind.

2nd is overexposed,

3rd flash is a bit better but still too harsh. Pic is blur also.

Yu can try covering the flash of the A95 with some tissue paper to diffuse it and make it less harsh. Increase your shutter speed to abt 1/30-1/60 minimum.

Thanks for your valueable advice! I didn't know can use tissue to diffuse the flash, Will take note of it! :)

Hee...All the shots are handheld shots.

Snice it is night shot, What is the best ISO equvilliant to use for such a shooting? 50 or 100?

Sorry, how do i reduce the size?:dunno:

Its unusual to take flower shots at night, I'll recommend iso 100 to get more background light.

For resizing I use irfanview, a free image software. Its got batch resizing :)

For macro/close-up photography, best is to bring a tripod. Pic #3 you'd want to focus on the petals and not the stem. I feel pic #2 is the best amongst them :)

Trying out the resize version:sweat:
IMG_8068.jpg

IMG_8063.jpg

IMG_8066.jpg

Xaler said:
For macro/close-up photography, best is to bring a tripod. Pic #3 you'd want to focus on the petals and not the stem. I feel pic #2 is the best amongst them :)

Try to use tripod but zoom power for my cam not enough (not willing to place my tripod in the pond water) as it was a man made pond 2 feet above ground level got to lean forward abt at least 1 and a half feet for the shots to be taken. :sweatsm:

Anyway to overcome such an obstical so that can use tripod? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.