Lotus at Botanic Gardens

Status
Not open for further replies.

darr

Mar 20, 2002
Hill View
www.ntu.edu.sg
lotus%20blue%208-bit.jpg

wow...really rich colors. did you edit the photo or wat?

seems to me a very nice 3D effect....like the lotus popping out from the water... :)

care to share more details about the photo? like exposure settings, wat camera used...etc

sorry if so many questions.... :p

How to make the water appear so dark? What setup you using? Nice shot!

Originally posted by ODAC
wow...really rich colors. did you edit the photo or wat?

seems to me a very nice 3D effect....like the lotus popping out from the water... :)

care to share more details about the photo? like exposure settings, wat camera used...etc

sorry if so many questions.... :p

Funny rite....the 3D effect was unintentional...heh. The one I printed looks even more 3D....

No editing except some color balance to match the original slide, seems my Nikon LS2000 gives a rather dull look at original settings, me not good at monitor calibration.

------------------------
EOS300 + 28-135IS @135

4.5 (had wanted to use 6.7 but then shutter would be too slow and I had no tripod, I already shooting 2 stops slower, can see the tip is not in focus)

1/30 handheld (thanks to IS! :D )

Fuji Provia 100 pushed 1 stop (Sensia looks juz as good, but too bad no bulkload)

------------------------
I do have something to say about this. This roll was developed using Fuji Chrome6X E6 chemicals. When I developed a Kodak EC 100, the colors were less saturated, looks abit dull. I also developed a Provia roll using Agfa chemicals, dont look good either...guess I need spend more time on experimenting, but Chrome6x is already giving me very satisfactory results.

I had actually wanted to shoot at 85mm for a flatter pespective, however the lotus was too far away from the edge...so no choice use 135...but once developed looks quite ok :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kho King
How to make the water appear so dark? What setup you using? Nice shot!

Oh, I used a polarizer, if not will see through the water and see the roots and stems, will then look very cluttered. Also because of this, the leaves look less green.

But I reckon since the main subject is the lotus, it should be fine to treat the water n compromise on the leaves...

Shot setup as posted above. Thanks for the comments! :)

er...why cannot see the pic liao???

Status
Not open for further replies.