Lots of Guns, a girl, and even more guns - An Independent Action Movie (In Singapore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalcolmOng

Dec 26, 2006
Motivation:
To spread awareness - we don't really have that many media outlets from which to spread awareness for this project. At least none that are too kindly to people our age.

22805977696003a9f0dav2.jpg

dvxday2carsconfrontatioby2.jpg

test2oo2.jpg

xl2day2warehouse2reshoook4.jpg

Hey all, noticed the video showcase thread doesn't get half as much traffic as the Kopitiam one, so I just wanted to publicise a short that my friends and I made. We're all between 16 to 17 years old, but i assure you it's got the production values of something far higher than anything that's been done at this level before.

We spent quite a bomb (you'll get the pun if you watch it too) making it, and its 30 minutes long, but we're offering it up online for free just to create awareness for it :D So check it out, tell your friends, and most importantly, enjoy it!

Trailer:
http://blip.tv/file/98336/

Google Video Version (aspect ratio is a bit off):
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3477108537208786893

Google Video Bloopers (Highly Recommended, Extremely hilarious, Laughs galore):
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5004288552266674867
Full Version Download Link:
http://www.bltproductionlog.anglochinese.org/

Thread link in Vid Showcase
http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=246612

Synopsis:
A cop desperately trying to hide a dark secret, an opportunistic mob boss, and a seemingly innocent office worker victimized by circumstance: Each of them driven by their own selfish motivations. Little do they know that when their paths collide in a complex chain of unprecedented events, their actions would ultimately lead to their inevitable demise ten minutes later.

In one of the largest and most epic films ever attempted by the finalists of Project Pilot and the Canon Film Festival with a cast and crew of over seventy people, Countdown is a fast-paced, intricately-spun and twisted action-thriller about the trappings of wanton greed, unavoidable causality, and most of all, ironic twists of fate.

10 Minutes. 3 People. 1 Destiny.

Techie Specs
We shot it on 3 cameras - the XL2, the DVX102b and the PD170. For those interested, the XL2 and the DVX generally produced the best footage, while the PD170 was consistently bogged down.

EDMW?...Chicken wings?

chicken wings haha ya 1 whole lot of them with arms flapping..

Attention seeker

aiyoh, dun so harsh mah:). it is true that the video thread isn't recieving as much views as kopitiam. nice to publicise some works done by our students. this one is quite refreshing, nv saw something like that before. the closest i saw were those on TV mobile, done by some poly students.

dun laugh! next time, maybe we will be seeing him as a famous Hollywood director :thumbsup:

life is very unpredictable, u never know, ok?

I appreciate the kind words. A little publicity isn't going to harm anyone. Furthermore this isn't commercial at all - we are in no way able to profit from this. We just wanna get the film seen! Do remember that this is our first major production of this scale, and that we're just a bunch of 16-17 year olds with no military training...

Attention seeker

Give him and his gang credits lah.

MalcolmOng... hav you tried youtube? put your trailers there. Also edit it so that you have some references/credits right at the front few seconds before jumping into the trailer proper...also remember ending credits and stopping at some sort of reference back to your production team.

We've got it on all major video sharing sites...it just looks the best on blip.tv. We're considering doing another cut of the trailer too, and we're probably gonna hire...'THE VOICE'. The Movie voice guy. I found a guy on the internet who's got a pretty good at the Don La Fontaine voice....cheaper too

Went there. Clicked on all the links. Couldn't play any of them. Tried a few times. Gave up. Would love to see it, if possible.

Went there. Clicked on all the links. Couldn't play any of them. Tried a few times. Gave up. Would love to see it, if possible.

haiz..... in 3 weeks maybe? have to wait for those cables to be fixed.:(

Hmm, they work for me, but its all a bit slow. I'm guessing as a result of a certai earthquake. If you would like, PM either me or hobbes00 with your address and we'll send you a dual layer dvd with the production and all the extras as soon as we can!

I appreciate the kind words. A little publicity isn't going to harm anyone. Furthermore this isn't commercial at all - we are in no way able to profit from this. We just wanna get the film seen! Do remember that this is our first major production of this scale, and that we're just a bunch of 16-17 year olds with no military training...

Hi there Malcolm. Great effort you guys. Just an opinion here. If you guys really wanna improve, try to take comments positively as best as you could. Although non of you guys have been through military training, I believe the millions of actors who acted in war films throughout the history of film-making have never either. It's up to the crew to research on the field they are duplicating, and make it as 'real' as it needs to be.

Just my 2 cents.

police never teach them to close the chicken wing eh?

edit:
that explains the chicken wings...

Yeah we should have researched. I'm hoping the next film would be better though

Status
Not open for further replies.