LOTR III (Spoiler Alert?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
togu said:
Lotr 4 - Return of the Hobbits? :bigeyes:

Sounds like good material for the next MTV awards spoof.;)

Vilya said:
Would those that have read the book, mention what went missing in the film? :D Would it take another full-lengh movie to deliver them?
probably, yes. notable omissions include Tom Bombadil (one of the major characters the Hobbits meet on the way to Rivendell; if you don't know, don't ask - way too long to get into details here), the burning of the village of Bree by the Nazgul, the romance of Eowyn and Faramir, the end of Saruman (and Wormtongue), etc etc etc. LOTR is much too long a epic tale to condense into 3 movies, so artistic license here of Peter Jackson.

also, if i remember my LOTR, the episodes when the hobbits fight Shelob and when the orcs fight over Frodo's belongings in the watchtower is much much longer in the books.

actually, those who are into LOTR should really watch the extended versions on DVD and VCD. a lot of things are explained or developed further, such as the nature of Hobbits and how they live, Boromir's motives in wanting the Ring, Faramir's constant striving to live up to his brother Boromir, etc. there's also a very cool scene when the trees of Fangorn Forest (not the Ents, the trees themselves) march down to Helmsdeep and crushes the remainder of Saruman's army there after Gandalf & the Rohirrim army scatters them. that's at the ending of Two Towers...

i would love to have Peter Jackson make "The Hobbit", which is the prequel to LOTR. deals with Bilbo and his advertures, how he petrifies the 3 trolls and deals with the dragon Smaug. and of course, how he ended up with the One Ring in his possession...

New Line Cinema probably has plans already, i'd bet. too good and lucrative to pass up... :D

and the end of it all, they will spark the LOTR/ JRR Tokien craze by launching the exclusive 10 SUPER EXTENDED DVDs set to the world. Exclusive for 10000 LOTR fans who will kill, murder and die to lay their hand on them. Cost wise is secondary since it's only US$25'000 (with US$10 discount if you prebook before the year 2006)

all Hail Lord of the marketing dept :devil:

Just to share :bsmilie:

Here's something from Mr Brown's (http://www.mrbrown.com)

WHAT NOT TO DO WHEN IN THE THEATRES WHILE WATCHING LOTR: THE RETURN OF THE KING -

1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly, "Wait...where the hell is Harry Potter?"

2. Block the entrance to the theater while screaming, "YOU.....SHALL NOT..... PASS!"

3. After the movie, say "Lucas could have done it better."

4. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time someone says, "the Ring."

5. Point and laugh whenever someone dies.

6. Ask everyone around you if they think Gandalf went to Hogwarts.

7. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mis..ter Ander-sonnn."

8. When Aragorn is crowned king, stand up and at the top of your lungs sing, "And I did it.... MY way...!"

9. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the end, bite off someone's finger and fall down the stairs.

10. Dress up as old ladies and reenact "The Battle of Helms Deep," Monty Python style.

11. When Denethor lights the fire, shout "Barbecue!"

12. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout, "RUN FOREST, RUN!"

13. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!" See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre.

14. During a wide shot of a battle, inquire, "Where's Waldo?"

15. Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a single frame of a nude Elf hidden somewhere in the movie.

16. Start an Orc sing-a-long.

17. Come to the premiere dressed as Frankenfurter and wander around looking terribly confused.

18. When they go in the paths of the dead, wait for a tense moment and shout, "I see dead people!"

19. Imitate what you think a conversation between Gollum, Dobby and Yoda would be like.

20. Release a jar of daddy-long-legs into the theater during the Shelob scene.

21. Wonder out loud if Aragorn is going to run for governor of California.

22. When Sam holds Frodo's hand (or otherwise), start singing, "The Ambiguously Gay Duo!"

23. When Shelob comes on, exclaim, "Man! Charlotte's really let herself go!"

Njoy!

SniperD said:
5. Point and laugh whenever someone dies.
actually, believe it or not, there was this ang-moh kid/teenager sitting besides me who did this. and not just giggle or chuckle, he was pointing and laughing out loud, like when Denethor dies in the fire. i think he's either hyperactive or suffering from ADD, and that he'll grow up to be a psycho or serial killer.

i blame my notoriously bad movie luck, cos i always seem to get stuck with these weird people all around me when i'm in the cinemas... :sweat:

Larry said:
actually, believe it or not, there was this ang-moh kid/teenager sitting besides me who did this. and not just giggle or chuckle, he was pointing and laughing out loud, like when Denethor dies in the fire. i think he's either hyperactive or suffering from ADD, and that he'll grow up to be a psycho or serial killer.

i blame my notoriously bad movie luck, cos i always seem to get stuck with these weird people all around me when i'm in the cinemas... :sweat:

:sweatsm: poor thing....

Larry said:

You're not the only one... the idiot 2 seats to my right was asking his friend questions through the start, while the one 2 seats to my left was complaining loudly during the scene when the oliphants came charging... :angry: Told him off not politely at all.

.... Larry, next time, I must recommend one particular cinema to you... everytime I go for a show there, I encounter some nutty parents changing their child's diapers. And flicking it over the seats. Sick.

just watched it too ... had an unexpected ticket for LOTR III ... but too bad, i didnt watch I and II though ... :D

if you can, watch the extended versions of FOTR and TT on DVD or VCD. it's worth it IMHO, all 8 hours of it... :D
(and that excludes the special features...)

maybe i was tired that nite but i thought the ending last 15mins was pretty draggy.. kept expecting the film to end already but no... heheh

hehheh, be glad it's only 15 mins. in the books, it's about almost half of the book (ROTK), just concluding the whole episode and wrapping everything up. :D

Larry said:
hehheh, be glad it's only 15 mins. in the books, it's about almost half of the book (ROTK), just concluding the whole episode and wrapping everything up. :D

:bigeyes: wa half the book? I also find the Witchking sequence abit short, how come so easily killed? Since sauron did not appear, they must at least have one very powerful and evil villain mah. I was hoping the director would reveal to the audience at the harbour, the missing Three elven rings are actually on Gandalf (Narya:Ring of Fire), Galadriel (Nenya:Ring of Water) and Elrond (Vilya:Ring of air). But u can still see them if u look closely enough hehe...

someone tell me, is it me or doesn't the Witchking look like the comic Spawn (esp the medieval Spawn)?

Anyone noticed that for The Two Tower standard 2-disc DVD, there's a 10 mins behind the scenes preview of "The Return of the king", but was no where to be found in the extended version? Or did I miss it out?

:think:

The movie reflected alot of the realities that we are witnessing... Alot of parallels can be drawn and above all, i hope this movie touches, inspires and teaches us a few things in life we take for granted. :)

It certainly did for me... :)

Cheers! :)

Wolfgang said:
The movie reflected alot of the realities that we are witnessing... Alot of parallels can be drawn and above all, i hope this movie touches, inspires and teaches us a few things in life we take for granted. :)

It certainly did for me... :)

Cheers! :)

Yes, like the way we eat fish...

"In a little pool,
nice and cool,
the juice is sweet...!
Our only wish to catch a fish,
the juice is SWEET...!"

togu said:
Yes, like the way we eat fish...

"In a little pool,
nice and cool,