Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickygck

Sep 20, 2004
Asia
captureasia.photoshelter.com
First time i encountered this problem, 1G of RAW files using LEXAR card. i dl into my laptop, using ACDSee software, after dl it i realised 99.9% of pictures were missing. How can i recover all this pictures? In the past there was not such problem. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Can try ImageRescue2 bundled with the Lexar card if you still have it.

fierysnake said:
have you done a search of your images in your laptop?

may consider reading http://forum.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=186214
Am using the software you link to, although i recovered all my RAW IMAGES, am unable to open up some of the pictures for editing. I have to send a data error report to mircosoft. Anyone come across this problem before?

that's the one reason i stopped using Lexar.. simply unreliable. for me.
happened to me consecutively with 2 cards le.. if i can be so suay as to tio, i stopped trying my luck liaoz.

anyway you've recovered the file names, but not necessarily file data. With the file name there is a table of where data is stored. The recovery program just recovers the current data that's still in the data location. Part of the file data may not recovered either because the card screwed up and didn't write the data, or simply because the data was overwritten.

If you've managed to recover 80% of the images you should be happy le.. last time 1gb i recovered only less than 1/2 the images..

unseen said:
that's the one reason i stopped using Lexar.. simply unreliable. for me.
happened to me consecutively with 2 cards le.. if i can be so suay as to tio, i stopped trying my luck liaoz.

anyway you've recovered the file names, but not necessarily file data. With the file name there is a table of where data is stored. The recovery program just recovers the current data that's still in the data location. Part of the file data may not recovered either because the card screwed up and didn't write the data, or simply because the data was overwritten.

If you've managed to recover 80% of the images you should be happy le.. last time 1gb i recovered only less than 1/2 the images..
You're using W2k?

it's happened to me before. May be related to a well known Lexar issue with older cards. Check the edge stamp - does it end with A4B6?

Lexar has a RMA that replaces all previous 80x cards to new ones that have edge stamp of 2D97. Can RMA at Convergent

Status
Not open for further replies.