Lost Wedding Photos!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

landt

Hi guys,

saw your thread
In Today papers (17 Oct) - $3000 reward for lost wedding photos

I am the bride involved in this incident. Yes we are very sad and outraged that such an incident could have happened. Please send the message out to as many friends as you can... Singapore is very small... I'm sure somebody knows someone who was involved. I wish to state that we will not be pursuing the matter with the authorities. All we want are the memory cards back... these are actual day pictures and cannot be recaptured.... We really appreciate your help...

Dear Friends,

Linus and I have lost all of our actual day wedding photographs...

Our photographer who was engaged by the bridal studio, boarded a COMFORT (BLUE) taxi on Middle Road in front of the InterContinental Hotel at about 2am on 13th October early Saturday morning. Midway through the journey, the taxi driver stopped his car near Furama Riverfront and chased the photographer out of the taxi because he had thrown up in the cab. The driver sped off in his taxi with the photographer's equipment and our wedding memories stored in the two SD cards in the back seat.

We have been following up closely with COMFORT Cabs and the bridal studio has placed ads in the papers pleading for the return of the two SD cards. We are not interested in the cameras... all we ask for is the return of the two SD cards containing our wedding photographs.

$3000 will be awarded to the person who returns our 2 SD cards, no questions asked. They can be dropped off at:

85 Tanjong Pagar Road Singapore 088506
Tel: 9423 2445/6323 7228

or

InterContinental Hotel
80 Middle Road Singapore 188966

The following are details of the camera equipment:

Camera: Canon EOS 20D #30500866
Memory Card: SanDisk Ultra II CF 20GB #SDCF-2048-904

We are pleading to the person who knows of the whereabouts of the SD cards to come forward with them. Our wedding photographs are all that we have and are irreplaceable... It would mean so much to us and our families to have the memories of our wedding returned to us... Please forward this email to all of your friends... a little bit of help goes a long way, and your action could help us recover our lost photographs.

Thank you

linusandtammy@hotmail.com

good luck bride.

i hope you can get your pics back.

Hope you get them soon.

All the best.

they won't need the photographs...... i'm sure they'll return it back.....

Erm 20D uses CF, how come you're looking for SD cards? Anyway, all the best to you. Nothing hurts more than losing your memorable pictures. Cheerios.

i didnt even know sandisk manufactured a 20GB cf card!:eek:

they won't need the photographs...... i'm sure they'll return it back.....

i dont mean to rub it in.

yes, they dont need the photographs, but the camera held by whoever-is-using-it-now needs the mem card.
and in order to use the mem card, the photos in concerned, unfortunately, needs to be deleted.

Hi guys,

saw your thread
In Today papers (17 Oct) - $3000 reward for lost wedding photos

I am the bride involved in this incident. Yes we are very sad and outraged that such an incident could have happened. Please send the message out to as many friends as you can... Singapore is very small... I'm sure somebody knows someone who was involved. I wish to state that we will not be pursuing the matter with the authorities. All we want are the memory cards back... these are actual day pictures and cannot be recaptured.... We really appreciate your help...

Dear Friends,

Linus and I have lost all of our actual day wedding photographs...

Our photographer who was engaged by the bridal studio, boarded a COMFORT (BLUE) taxi on Middle Road in front of the InterContinental Hotel at about 2am on 13th October early Saturday morning. Midway through the journey, the taxi driver stopped his car near Furama Riverfront and chased the photographer out of the taxi because he had thrown up in the cab. The driver sped off in his taxi with the photographer's equipment and our wedding memories stored in the two SD cards in the back seat.

We have been following up closely with COMFORT Cabs and the bridal studio has placed ads in the papers pleading for the return of the two SD cards. We are not interested in the cameras... all we ask for is the return of the two SD cards containing our wedding photographs.

$3000 will be awarded to the person who returns our 2 SD cards, no questions asked. They can be dropped off at:

85 Tanjong Pagar Road Singapore 088506
Tel: 9423 2445/6323 7228

or

InterContinental Hotel
80 Middle Road Singapore 188966

The following are details of the camera equipment:

Camera: Canon EOS 20D #30500866
Memory Card: SanDisk Ultra II CF 20GB #SDCF-2048-904

We are pleading to the person who knows of the whereabouts of the SD cards to come forward with them. Our wedding photographs are all that we have and are irreplaceable... It would mean so much to us and our families to have the memories of our wedding returned to us... Please forward this email to all of your friends... a little bit of help goes a long way, and your action could help us recover our lost photographs.

Thank you

linusandtammy@hotmail.com

so is it SD or CF?:dunno:

Very unprofessional if he did went for drinking. Although the assignment has ended, he has the DUTY to ensure that the images are backed up (via downloading). If that means going home to do so, necessary care is to be taken to ensure that nothing happens to the camera (thus the SD cards). This can't be done without a sober and clear mind. :thumbsd:

My sympathy goes to you. I hope you and Linus will find the lost cards.

BTW, did you say a 20GB Sandisk Ultra card? Shouldn't it be 2GB instead?

As a photographer, you can lose your $$$$ camera & lenses, bag and accessories; but NEVER misplace the client's images.

Such sad thing to happened...:cry:

I feel sad for you...all the memory cannot be brought back again.

But i think the photographer need to bear all responsibilty and try his best to get back the photo for you.

So irresponsible of him to get drunk even after work coz he must make sure the photo will be 'safe' at all times. And i think the couple should not pay the 'job' as no photo is deliver to them at all.

good luck to obtaining the important photos back. All of the parties involved must be damn damn damn stressed. If im the photog, probably bollocks one big one small. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.