Lost Wedding Photos!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya, quite strange. if taxi driver is pissed off w the client, the usual practice is for the driver to ask for compensation from the customer to wash the taxi. it was reported sometime ago in the papers that it is common practice for the company's drivers to ask for $50 as fees for washing the taxi. can be quite disgusting indeed.

but making away w the camera equipment is something very strange indeed!
i even suspect if photographer's story is to be believed at the beginning... why is the job of chasing for the images rest on the client/couple?
shouldn't he/she be the one posting for assistance?
Once the taxi is dirtied do you know the smell will linger in the cab even after washing? The cab won't be in service for at least 1 or 2 days till the smell is gone. The cab driver's income is ruined for those 2 days. That's why most cab do not like to have people vommitting in their cabs. But still, no reason to kick the person out and drive off with the belongings.

I don't believe the driver cannot see the bags still present in the car as he pulled the photographer out. Unless the other story is that he threw all of his things out too, and the photographer got robbed without knowing. Then we're all barking up the wrong tree.

Jeanie, how wrong can you be.

I agree with the idea to have 2, if you want to ensure against unexpected problems.
It is not wrong to hire two. But not from the same company/studio.

Risk management requires one to define the risk, evaluate its potential damage, assess whether the client/company can afford to expose themselves to the damage & the cost of protecting against that risk.

That is why fighter pilots wear parachutes....and maybe not just one !
But two. In case the main chute fails. Although their ground crews have checked and rechecked the plane before flight.
Because the risk in that situation is loss of life.

Good photographers always carry a spare camera that is usually manual and which can work without batteries (though they will still put a battery into it for metering). It is a back-up.

A "pro" photographer should never get stoned drunk in the presence of the clients while still on the job ( the job is not over until he gets the film safely developed/or memory card contents backed up on PC hardisk/DVD RW).

This is a terrible No-No.

And I am talking about even if he did not lose the memory cards containing the wedding shots. By getting stoned drunk to the point of vomiting, the impression given to the client is extremely bad, even if he could deliver the photos of the wedding later.

sorry off topic here ... but

WHAT THE HECK IS THE DRINK DRIVING CAMPAIGN ALL ABOUT? WHEN YOU DRINK DONT DRIVE?

at 2am in the morning if you're drunk, the only other form of transport is taxi.

sorry. need to vent anger somewhere at some cabbies who are irresponsible.

anyway, curses to the cabby if he took everything away, including the memory cards.

anyway again, ricohflex, we might not know , maybe the guests invited the photographer for the drink? hard to turn down and you'll feel bad too

Unless the other story is that he threw all of his things out too, and the photographer got robbed without knowing. Then we're all barking up the wrong tree.

very highly likely. Good insight of the possibilities. I doubt if its the case, the person who nicked the gear, probably erase all the memory cards. Maybe the photographer should list out wat gear he had, the serial numbers and all that. You never know where the stolen good will end up. :sweat:

Why nobody every thinks that its the Cabbie's ploy? He saw him puke, chase him out. Saw the camera bags, so instead of getting compensation from him to wash the cab, he hurry sped off le.

Why nobody every thinks that its the Cabbie's ploy? He saw him puke, chase him out. Saw the camera bags, so instead of getting compensation from him to wash the cab, he hurry sped off le.

I think coz if i were the taxi driver...likely i would put his belongings with him as i throw him out. (not that i would lah...but i see from the taxi driver's point of view. haha)

Surely i would have seen him with his gear as he got up the cab (taxi drivers have an eye for details, most of the time they pretend not to see), and common sense if i were to throw him out, i would dump his gear with him. Would be stupid to take off with his gear, if its like small item a handphone or what, can say didnt notice or see. But we are talking about a bag of heavy gear, i know would be arrested soon if they manage to trace me down.

So dumping gear with the poor fellow on the sidewalk seems the most logical decision. Anything lost, his business. I would be more anxious to get to a petrol station or car wash to get rid of the vomit.

Anybody could have passed by the unconscious fellow, saw the bags beside him, just picked it up and go. One way is to keep a record of equipment serial numbers, not totally effective, just a preventive measure. I have heard of stolen studio lights resurfacing on the market 1 or 2 years after they were stolen, serial numbers did match. I duno what happened to the guy later on.

but as u say driver might have taken off with it, but judging singaporean's nature, he is more likely to leave the gear, than take the risk of being caught dead with the gear. :devil:

I would think otherwise loor. He no receipt and drunk. Cannot identify. Sell the camera more profit.

with so many days passed... what's the outcome of this saga? any updates from the photographer on whether he got his stuff back? anybody tried calling this bozo to seek more information?

Maybe, just maybe the photographer shot without CF cards throughout the Dinner. Den realise so made up the story to cover his A$$. :dunno:

Or on the brighter side, the CF cards may be on the way to the letterbox liao. :lovegrin:

Hahaha, bro...you really know how to talk cork. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

still cannot found the memory card?
i think must put on newspaper front page...
maybe can help..

ummm so many days already, I really wish someone will return the CF card to you one day with the photos inside. God bless you!

Perhaps can gather all the photos from friends during your wedding, there might be quite a few people who brought along cameras on your wedding day I guess. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.