lost my D300s hotshoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinoSG

Nov 19, 2006
Central Singapore
hi all,

lost my hotshoe...anywhere i can get it? or anyone got spare to give? how much to buy? Or is there an alternative thingy other than getting a hotshoe? heard if rain drop drops onto the exposre metail part, my whole camera will be dead, is this true or false?

thanks,

find lords in Lucky plaza or Edison at SLS :)

Put on a couple of layers of scotch tape and a final gaffer tape so that rain drops will not seep thru and kill your D300s...:devil:

hi all,

lost my hotshoe...anywhere i can get it? or anyone got spare to give? how much to buy? Or is there an alternative thingy other than getting a hotshoe? heard if rain drop drops onto the exposre metail part, my whole camera will be dead, is this true or false?

thanks,

this is quite an expensive piece of plastic that can be bought at many retailers.

i don't think a little water on the hotshoe can cause the whole camera to be dead. the hotshoe cover does not render the hotshoe contacts water-resistant anyway. where did u get that info from?

I bought 2 pieces of Nikon's BS-1 accessory shoe cover for both my 5D and LX3 some time back. Got it from CP Peninsula Plaza at $4 each.

Alternatively, u can get it at Lord's Camera at Lucky Plaza at $3 each but they're always out-of-stock. Therefore i paid $1 more and get it faster at CP.

I thought Lord's is swept clean already? It's still there meh?

LOL, for a moment I thought you dropped your camera and broke your hot shoe..It's just the d...ed plastic hot shoe cover. There are a plenty of OEM available (Some with even a nice spirit level) and the original BS-1 aint one expensive stuff either.

hi all,

thanks,

If this were true, there would have been millions of dead cameras and electrocuted photographers by now. Seriously.

hi all,

thanks,

Forget it...

there is NO need for one in the first place. My camera has been with me for the past 4 years in drizzles, rain and NOT once has the hotshoe given me any trouble.

hi all,

thanks,

Well, canon doesn't have 1, and once I left it outside in the rain for 1 minute. I was trying to take out something from my bag in the open and thus I placed my camera on the floor outside under the rain and wad happened? I got electrocuted and died with my camera.

hi all,

thanks,
this
hotshoe.jpg

image from www.hardwarezone.com

is what a hotshoe looks like...
How do you lose that? :bsmilie:

Anyway, the hotshoe cover is quite easy to get, but not worth it in my opinion.
I tossed mine in my dry cabinet. Otherwise everytime I want to mount my ext flash I gotta remove and store this piece of plastic...
The Nikon one fits Canon too...

Last edited:
They do bring in some stocks after a while but as soon as they're in, also sold out very fast.

Errr what karnage meant is Lord already closed down lah

Status
Not open for further replies.