Lost mongrel puppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxy

Mar 10, 2005
www.crystalshong.blogspot.com
Hi all,
My friend lost my mongrel puppy in the middle of the night of 12th Feb 09, in the area of BLK 702, Yishun Ave 5 while it was in her care. She claimed somebody pried open her gate and took the puppy away.

Pictures of the puppy:

IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

IMG_4116.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4438.jpg

Details are as follows:

Name: Cookie (hasn't really learned to respond to it but whistling will do the trick because he is a friendly puppy)
Colour: Blackish-brown
Last seen: 12th Feb 09 in the middle of the night, in the area of BLK 702, Yishun Ave 5

I would appreciate it if u could pls take a few minutes to forward it to ur friends anywhere, esp those staying in the Yishun area. Anyone who sees the puppy running abt or someone walking him, please take him and contact me at the earliest possible notice at crystalshong@hotmail.com

I am currently worried sick about the puppy. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
Crystal

Last edited:
Hi all,
My friend lost my mongrel puppy in the middle of the night of 12th Feb 09, in the area of BLK 702, Yishun Ave 5 while it was in her care. She claimed somebody pried open her gate and took the puppy away.

:bigeyes: what's the world coming to

make sure you post in hardware zone as well.
what a way to lost a pet...:bheart:

make sure you post in hardware zone as well.
what a way to lost a pet...:bheart:

Thanks, I will do that. Yeah, bizarre isn't it. That's what I was told anyway. I miss him so much. Thanks anyway for your suggestion. Will do that now.

Hope u find it soon! :)

Pet lover seldom will go for mongrel to steal loh......... most probably stolen for a meal...... just my tot. My neighbour dog ended up that way when a bunch of Thai works were upgrading the place......

Seriously I don't think it's a funny matter at all when I'm searching everyday and crying to sleep. But thanks anyway, all.

Seriously I don't think it's a funny matter at all when I'm searching everyday and crying to sleep. But thanks anyway, all.

Maybe you can inform SPCA too, just incase that someone "reported" it. Is it Microchipped and Licensed? If so, it is much easier if they found it.

Maybe you can inform SPCA too, just incase that someone "reported" it. Is it Microchipped and Licensed? If so, it is much easier if they found it.

I already called SPCA and ASD the day I got to know about it. It was lost the night before, but my very responsible friend decided to tell me only the following day in the afternoon. And I called the 2 organizations in the midst of my search round the neighbourhood. No, it's not microchipped nor licensed... Actually I found this pup in my neighbourhood but realised I didn't have time for it after 2 weeks because I already had a dog and they both were making a hell lot of noise, so I put it in my friend's care while trying to find a good permanent home for it. And then this happened. I should have known better.

I already called SPCA and ASD the day I got to know about it. It was lost the night before, but my very responsible friend decided to tell me only the following day in the afternoon. And I called the 2 organizations in the midst of my search round the neighbourhood. No, it's not microchipped nor licensed... Actually I found this pup in my neighbourhood but realised I didn't have time for it after 2 weeks because I already had a dog and they both were making a hell lot of noise, so I put it in my friend's care while trying to find a good permanent home for it. And then this happened. I should have known better.

I believe your friend feel bad too as he or she dont keen to help, they would have rejected to help you in the first place, right?

If your dog is "escape" by itself and wandering outside. THen you might take note of those areas that got fewer people as it might be scare of crowds? Is it afraid of strangers and new places?

Hope you can found it soon. Too bad that i not staying at Yishun.

I believe your friend feel bad too as he or she dont keen to help, they would have rejected to help you in the first place, right?

If your dog is "escape" by itself and wandering outside. THen you might take note of those areas that got fewer people as it might be scare of crowds? Is it afraid of strangers and new places?

Hope you can found it soon. Too bad that i not staying at Yishun.

Actually, no. She helped in spite of me already warning her of the mess the puppy would make (he's a puppy, what did she expect?), and then now the puppy is lost, she is covering up her own as* by griping about the fact that she's been cleaning up the mess the whole time. A mess that she agreed to clean up. I don't stay in Yishun either. But I could come all the way down from the East to find the puppy, yet I found her watching TV at home, claiming she already did try searching in the morning and "kinda gave up". I searched for hours and hours until it got dark and started to rain, and I haven't even given up yet. Obviously some people's priorities don't lie right.

He's not really afraid of crowds. He's actually very friendly. Too friendly for his own good sometimes, which is a bad thing. If you could PM me your email, I could send you an email to forward it to your friends. I already went to post up fliers everywhere but people tore it down less than an hour after I put it up. I'm relying on the Internet now, forums, emails, etc. Thank you.

Roxy,

Forget about your friend or whatever for now, and just focus on finding your pup.

Have you posted up on the various dog and pet lovers forums in SG? If not, hurry and post!

I knew of someone who spent nealry 2 or 3 weeks everyday morning noon and night searching for her lost mongrel, and in the end, they found her.

Keep on searching and never give up hope! Meanwhile, spread the word and pictures round ALL the local forums you can find, but be sure to 'UP' your thread once a day if not people will forget.

Roxy,

Forget about your friend or whatever for now, and just focus on finding your pup.

Have you posted up on the various dog and pet lovers forums in SG? If not, hurry and post!

I knew of someone who spent nealry 2 or 3 weeks everyday morning noon and night searching for her lost mongrel, and in the end, they found her.

Keep on searching and never give up hope! Meanwhile, spread the word and pictures round ALL the local forums you can find, but be sure to 'UP' your thread once a day if not people will forget.

Yeah, forget about my "or whatever" for sure. I'm still waiting for approval for those dog forums etc. They seem to take ages. I just hope someone took him in and not just anyone - not some Thai workers as mentioned above. :cry:

You have to keep your spirits up, and never loose faith Roxy. As corny as this sounds, if Cookie is somewhere out there, he needs all the strength, hope and faith you can muster right now, and for the nexrt few weeks, or however long you continue your search.

KEEP ON sending private messages to the admin or mods on the variuos forums. AFAIK, most forums don't require that you seek permission to first post up a LOST DOG announcement.

Try Googling 'Dog forums in Singapore'. Also include in your search other animal and pet forums. Try going over to doggiesite.com, dogsforum.sg, pets.com.sg, pawzcafe.com, petschannel.com, petshub.com, dogsforum.com.

Besides the dog forums, post up on the popular forums like hardwarezone, mumstobe, flowerpod, sgforums etc etc etc.

One area that cannot be discounted is to e-mail or fax ALL the vet clinics in SG.

Sometimes, someone with little knowledge of what to do / who to contact, or someone who is concerned and spotted your dog, but does not want to get involved MAY inform a nearby vet clinic, or someone may bring your dog to a clinic. Some people, not knowing what to do, may just tie up a lost dog outside a clinic. It doesn't happen so frequently now as compared to the past, but I've seen it happen. Basically, you want to cover all bases, and as widely as possible.

This would help: http://www.sva.org.sg/en/clinic.php

KEEP CHECKING BACK AT LEAST TWICE A DAY. Call up the SPCA, ASD, ALL, VET clinics and all the forums you've posted on.

Seek assistance and keep on pleading for assistance for members to cross-post and link up your post to their blogs etc etc etc.

HANG IN THERE AND DON'T LOOSE FAITH!

Last edited:
You have to keep your spirits up, and never loose faith Roxy. As corny as this sounds, if Cookie is somewhere out there, he needs all the strength, hope and faith you can muster right now, and for the nexrt few weeks, or however long you continue your search.

KEEP ON sending private messages to the admin or mods on the variuos forums. AFAIK, most forums don't require that you seek permission to first post up a LOST DOG announcement.

Try Googling 'Dog forums in Singapore'. Also include in your search other animal and pet forums. Try going over to doggiesite.com, dogsforum.sg, pets.com.sg, pawzcafe.com, petschannel.com, petshub.com, dogsforum.com.

Besides the dog forums, post up on the popular forums like hardwarezone, mumstobe, flowerpod, sgforums etc etc etc.

One area that cannot be discounted is to e-mail or fax ALL the vet clinics in SG.

Sometimes, someone with little knowledge of what to do / who to contact, or someone who is concerned and spotted your dog, but does not want to get involved MAY inform a nearby vet clinic, or someone may bring your dog to a clinic. Some people, not knowing what to do, may just tie up a lost dog outside a clinic. It doesn't happen so frequently now as compared to the past, but I've seen it happen. Basically, you want to cover all bases, and as widely as possible.

This would help: http://www.sva.org.sg/en/clinic.php

KEEP CHECKING BACK AT LEAST TWICE A DAY. Call up the SPCA, ASD, ALL, VET clinics and all the forums you've posted on.

Seek assistance and keep on pleading for assistance for members to cross-post and link up your post to their blogs etc etc etc.

HANG IN THERE AND DON'T LOOSE FAITH!

I've already posted on some forums, all the rest are waiting for confirmation to my accounts. And I'm going to email the list of vet clinics now. Thank you so much for your suggestions. I hope I find him soon too...

You're most welcome Roxy, and I hope Cookie is safe in the meantime and gets reunited with you soon. ;)

i am sure ppl in the forum will be keeping a lookout too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.