Not open for further replies.

Expresso

Jun 27, 2003
SINGAPORE
memotracer.blogspot.com
{F3B7B3D6-EF41-45E0-A89B-95023012B38B}lg.jpg

comments please~

expresso i hope you're prepared.

sorry dude this photo looks very bland in terms of colours.

there're 2 things you can do, or rather 2 options.

one is to tone it black&white or sepia,

the other is to increase color saturation.

as for composition, it's really a pretty boring composition... the title doesn't really fit.. i must say the fence and the chair are pretty distracting to the overall feel of the picture. however i understand it must have been a "no entry" zone.

anyhow, good try and all the best for your future photographs :)

What exactly are you trying to convey thru your photo?
"Lost memories?" ...looks more like dumped furniture, etc to me.
Perhaps you can re-focus on a particular subject..composition- looks too cluttered now... ;p

sequitur said:
there're 2 things you can do, or rather 2 options.

one is to tone it black&white or sepia,

the other is to increase color saturation.

as for composition, it's really a pretty boring composition... the title doesn't really fit.. i must say the fence and the chair are pretty distracting to the overall feel of the picture. however i understand it must have been a "no entry" zone.

I beg to differ, I don't think B&W or sephia toning it is going to save the picture. Trying to evoke some sense of nostalgia by B&W/sephia just to complement a picture supposedly showing discarded rubbish won't cut it. I fail to see how increasing colour saturation would help me any more?! The picture isn't about colours or contrast in the first place.

The pic is just messy. May I suggest that you go a bit closer (a lot closer), maybe using the barb wire as the subject and throwing the rest of the background out of focus to suggest things being abandoned. Or maybe can find some old school text books/toys/pictures whatever and make a picture out of it would be more successful. Of course you may not be able to get close enough as I understand.

Happy shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.