Lost key for mini lock on luggage, where can i cut it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marican

Jul 30, 2003
Visit site
Hi guys, i lost both keys for those mini lock on my samsonite luggage. Its one of those mini locks that lock two zippers together. It came together with my samsonite bag (lock is also samsonite brand).
I bought one of those mini saws hoping i can saw it open, but the steel of the lock is too hard. i saw until hand pain barely made a dent.

Is there any place i can cut open the lock cheaply? I was thinking going to lock smith, but that would be really expensive i guess...

Thanks bros!

The lock isn't locking the bag, but its attached to one of the zippers and its very unsightly and mah fan.

The weak point is not the steel. It is the catch inside. Just stick two steel sticks (screwdriver etc) and twist. It will write off the lock.

There shld be a 'reset' button somewhere on the lock itself.

Check out the lock and look out for a very small hole that's accessible with a straightened paperclip.

hi bros, i shall try that....

its not a super mega lock or anything, but it isnt that lousy also.

i dun think there is a hole to reset, becoz its not a combi lock, there are two keys for it..

thanks bros! will try that out now

thansk bro!! tried forcing open with screwdriver it worked!!!
darn wasted 3 $ on the mini hack saw... heehee

thanks again!

funny thing is i closed it again, then tried to open with the screwdriver... cannot anymore

marican said:
thansk bro!! tried forcing open with screwdriver it worked!!!
darn wasted 3 $ on the mini hack saw... heehee

thanks again!

funny thing is i closed it again, then tried to open with the screwdriver... cannot anymore

Great! The trick has not failed so far on small locks.

By the way, if you use the bag for travel, buy some cable tie instead of a small lock. If it is cut opened, you know that someone has rifed through your stuff. All these security locks and measure do not secure your items. It just help you to focus on the bags that are rifed.

Once I used a good and solid lock for some important stuff. What happened was that the whole bag disappeared during the flight.

On the other hand 3 unlocked bags came back intact. Luckily, I did insured the stuff.

is it one of those tiny locks with very simple keys that look like toy keys? don't use those, get a proper lock. I could pick open those tiny locks with a paper clip when I was a small boy already. don't get those combination locks with large spacings btwn the turning dials and the wall of the lock, you can pick those in seconds too if you knew what to look out for in the gap.

wow its true guys... i might as well get a cable tie just to deter the casual theif. and also to see if pple look thru my stuff...

but the problem is now on certain flights to USA u have to keep ur bags unlocked. because there is further screening after u check in ur baggage, and they may open it up.

but the cable tie idea is excellent!!

thanks guys, very happy to have saved time and $$ breaking open the small lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.