Lost items in private cab.How to retrieve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazerLordz

Sep 8, 2004
near the Equator
Help!

How do I go about contacting the driver of a private cab if I left some items behind?Do they report to some independant driver's association?IT's very urgent.I need to get in touch with a cab driver that I took from Clementi MRT to Toh Guan Road at 0045hrs this morning.The cab stopped at Clementi Ave 2 before heading to Blk 279 Toh Guan Road.

Please help.Thanks a lot.

Mind if I ask what's the definition of "private cab"?

What I know of is all types of cab reports to their specific employers now. No longer is there any "private cabs" anymore.

LazerLordz said:
Help!

How do I go about contacting the driver of a private cab if I left some items behind?Do they report to some independant driver's association?IT's very urgent.I need to get in touch with a cab driver that I took from Clementi MRT to Toh Guan Road at 0045hrs this morning.The cab stopped at Clementi Ave 2 before heading to Blk 279 Toh Guan Road.

LazerLordz said:
Help!

Just call the cab company. They will dispatch a message to all the cab drivers for that particular company. It's is also your luck lar as if the cabbie did not check and the next passenger comes in as well. If it's something not valuable to them, you will get it back!

Good luck!

photobeginner said:
Mind if I ask what's the definition of "private cab"?

What I know of is all types of cab reports to their specific employers now. No longer is there any "private cabs" anymore.

Indie yellow and black cab.

LazerLordz said:
Indie yellow and black cab.

that's yellow top cab, under Comfort-Delgro ... can call comfort to help ... they have a few lines, not sure which one is the right one, someone help?

here is the link to the numbers to call, got one lost and found one (65) 6550 8515 , if cannot try the other numbers

It's not the Comfort Delgro yellow-top cabs.It's those independant ones.I called all the radiophone taxi operators already.Thanks though. :)

Where you alighted and dropped from the cab won't be sufficient to identify the cabbie though. You'll probably be needing the name, car plate no. or registration number of the person. Else hope that the cabbie is an honest person.

The last time I left my hp in the cab seat, the cabbie off'ed it within the first call I made 1 minute after I alighted. Called the cab company and nothing else they can do about it except to wait for the dishonest cabbie to own up. But who will? :bheart:

Normally, the independent ones might a tad bit more honest.No offence to commercial cabbies here.

I hope they can find it..

LazerLordz said:
Normally, the independent ones might a tad bit more honest.No offence to commercial cabbies here.

I hope they can find it..

hopefully ... local cabbies are pretty honest lah, just depend on the degree, i once lost my wallet in the cab, it was mailed back to me, everything intact except money and transitlink card :bsmilie: but may have been the next passenger that board the cab who sent the package back

do you have the taxi no? a receipt? make a police report too.

Status
Not open for further replies.