Lost in the City?

bookwormm

Jun 8, 2010
FinalDSC_2946-1.jpg

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
All feedback are welcomed! This is my first post for cc, please be kind :)

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
A land of flowers in the city despite its civilization. Trying to portray a warm feeling. Also to tell that this exists in Singapore too.

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Feeling bored in the late afternoon, so I decided to take my D90 out for a walk. I was squatting/ kneeling on rough concrete trying my best to stabilize my shaky hands.

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
I love shots like that.

Is this shot really that bad that no one comments?

there doesn't seem to be any subject in focus. like too many flowers, and i cant decide which one to focus on. maybe u can try to go close or macro and focus on one flower, bokeh the background. fellow newbie here with his 2 cents worth. :)

To be honest, I was thinking how come lost in the city. Was expecting like a lost tourist or something.

The shot taken really does not rhyme with your title. You need a better engaging subject like a person if you want to better portray the feelings of lost,maybe a little girl/boy looking around amidst a crowded place with a hint of anxiety on the face. The first impression i got from the photo is really lost but not to the title, lost as in i dun know what kind of story your trying to convey. :dunno: There no point of interest or the subject does not stand out enough. my eyes kept wandering around the photo without knowing where to look. Keep trying, a successful photo is one viewers know what you trying to tell from the photo not from the idea you have in your mind cos they are not you.

Hey thanks for the feedback.
Lifepursuer: Your words makes sense. I was trying to tell that you can't really see flowers in the city anymore? Guess that's just me trying, but people can't see it easily. Anyway, i'll keep trying!!

ermm... it is not good...

The cement platform thing just ruined the entire picture. background didn't help either... you should have gone close, and gone low to shoot this one.

Hey thanks for the feedback.
Lifepursuer: Your words makes sense. I was trying to tell that you can't really see flowers in the city anymore? Guess that's just me trying, but people can't see it easily. Anyway, i'll keep trying!!

Remember, you see what you see in your mind. Audiences are not mind readers. You have to make it easier for therm.

to be fair, i won't say that it is horrible. there is a certain mood that you have managed to achieve, whatever you have done.

but some points to think of:

1) what purpose does the concrete serve? does putting it in the corner make it serve as a distraction, or something your envisioned story is centred upon?

2) would this picture work better in another sort of lighting/timing?