Lost in his own world

deathrequiem

Jul 2, 2010
5171848045_5672156bcb.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
idea for the shot, composition and creativity

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
i hope to convey the feeling of individualism that i felt from this man when i saw him listening to his music and playing his guitar, oblivious to the other commuters on the train.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
a very quick candid shot. those kind where the scene just appear before your eyes and your heart tells you to capture it immediately.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
i think more can be done on the composition to emphasis his feeling of being oblivious to the world.

thanks for c&c!

Good effort in cropping the person and retaining the colour :)

Just a thought: if the mirror reflection of the guy and his guitar is also coloured, would it look nicer?

Not a bad pic. But a lower perspective would be nicer... and selective color with B&W is getting a little too cliche.

Not a bad pic. But a lower perspective would be nicer... and selective color with B&W is getting a little too cliche.
hmmm i was thinking of other ways to make the subject stand out, such as blurring the faces of the other commuters but i was afraid it would result in a very gross picture so decided to go with the safer solution :) do you have any other suggestions of how to isolate the subject? DOF blur seems too fake for use here...

hmmm i was thinking of other ways to make the subject stand out, such as blurring the faces of the other commuters but i was afraid it would result in a very gross picture so decided to go with the safer solution :) do you have any other suggestions of how to isolate the subject? DOF blur seems too fake for use here...

by his action alone, he will stand out.

a good photograph is one that holds people gently by the hand and leads them to think what the photographer wants them to think.

a crass (not necessarily bad) photo is one that just throws what the photographer wants his viewers to think in their faces, so that they feel like they've been shouted at.

you can start off by employing a much less central location for your main subject here.