Lost and Found Money

Nikonzen

Nov 3, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
http://news.yahoo.com/utah-man-returns-75-pound-bag-cash-found-213057117.html

Once when I was younger I was a broke joke. I had not eaten for a whole day. My stomach was eating itself. I felt sorry for myself to the point of crying. So I did what I normally do at such times I took off walking destination nowhere. Not more than 5 minutes after I left my apartment walking down the alleyway with my head hanging low I noticed a hint of that familiar green color amongst some old leaves. It was a ten dollar bill! God feeds the birds so do not despair!

About a month or so ago at work we had an elderly couple trade in the old car. We let the dirty old sled set for a long while and one day it was slow so I told the boss I wanted to pull that car up and clean it out. I always look through these cars we get in looking for anything left behind that might be useful to us. Under the driver seat I pull out a checkbook and a debit card! Okay that is easy enough I lay them on the dash and continue my investigation. Nothing else obvious. I begin to throw the floor mats out of the car. Under one floor mat I see one of those envelopes the bank gives you at the drive through teller window. I inspect it and find 4 rather dirty Ben Franklin notes. At this point I gather up the treasure and went to see the boss. The old couple were very happy to get this back.

I believe in karma...

Nikonzen

Nov 3, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
Well I thought so...cheers to you as well sir!

Imagine finding a 75 pound bag of money.

:think:

Last edited:

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
http://news.yahoo.com/utah-man-returns-75-pound-bag-cash-found-213057117.html

Once when I was younger I was a broke joke. I had not eaten for a whole day. My stomach was eating itself. I felt sorry for myself to the point of crying. So I did what I normally do at such times I took off walking destination nowhere. Not more than 5 minutes after I left my apartment walking down the alleyway with my head hanging low I noticed a hint of that familiar green color amongst some old leaves. It was a ten dollar bill! God feeds the birds so do not despair!

About a month or so ago at work we had an elderly couple trade in the old car. We let the dirty old sled set for a long while and one day it was slow so I told the boss I wanted to pull that car up and clean it out. I always look through these cars we get in looking for anything left behind that might be useful to us. Under the driver seat I pull out a checkbook and a debit card! Okay that is easy enough I lay them on the dash and continue my investigation. Nothing else obvious. I begin to throw the floor mats out of the car. Under one floor mat I see one of those envelopes the bank gives you at the drive through teller window. I inspect it and find 4 rather dirty Ben Franklin notes. At this point I gather up the treasure and went to see the boss. The old couple were very happy to get this back.

I believe in karma...
thanks for sharing your experience. :)

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
Well I thought so...cheers to you as well sir!

Imagine finding a 75 pound bag of money.

:think:
if it is yours, it will come to you one day, if it is not yours, you will lose it some day.

just take a photo with money, and return it back. that is a right thing to do.

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
Great thing you did there Jeff. And knowing how social security is in the states, they probably miss the money badly.

Top Bottom