Lor Halus revisited...

CCx9

Aug 28, 2004
Singapore
I've not gone out to the field for a long while. Went to Lor Halus with a couple of church brothers and had a wonderful time chatting away and snapping at a few nice birdies who were quite cooperative.

Last edited:

#8 Herons telling everyone that they might be dangerous?

#9 Saddest picture I had for the day... seems like this heron is badly injured, but still standing tall.

#10 another injured one... 3 winged dragonfly

#14 Seen many bros with similar shots like this one... but were of beautiful bee eaters or kingfishers... well, here's mine with a couple of myna's. Chinese saying, "bo he heh ar hoh" (No fish prawn also good... hahaha):)

Thanks for viewing. C&C appreciated. Cheers

Last edited:
lovely series bro :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:...was there on Saturaday whole day with my wife, saw many birders, were you one of them? :)

Thanks for your kind comments, bro motionstills.

Bro erkuan, another brother and I were there from about 0730 till about 1015. Yes.. there were quite a few folks there that morning with big cannons, as well as pure bird-watchers armed with only water bottles and binoculars. Maybe we did pass each other along the way.

Wow... now I am sure we did pass each other too. :)

OK... to narrow down the field a tad more... I was that fat fella in green collared-T, camou cargo pants and jungle hat, and with a contraption that resembles the M4/M16 carbine that allows a user to aim and shoot his DSLR like a rifle. (SharpShooter Camera Mount System) :)

I have always been a shooter since school days and had always done well with rifles of all kinds (air rifle, AR15/M16, .22 T-bolt, over/under or side-by-side shotguns for trap/skeet, etc), therefore I thought I would order one in to try it out when I chanced upon the website showing this rifle-like attachment for DSLR's. Was testing it for the first time since receiving the shipment in April, but just did not have a chance to field-test it till now due to my work commitment. I must say I am pleased with the first test. Can't wait to go out with it again sometime soon.

Hope to catch up with you the next time we are in the field. :thumbsup:;)

Wow... now I am sure we did pass each other too.

OK... to narrow down the field a tad more... I was that fat fella in green collared-T, camou cargo pants and jungle hat, and with a contraption that resembles the M4/M16 carbine that allows a user to aim and shoot his DSLR like a rifle. (SharpShooter Camera Mount System)

I have always been a shooter since school days and had always done well with rifles of all kinds (air rifle, AR15/M16, .22 T-bolt, over/under or side-by-side shotguns for trap/skeet, etc), therefore I thought I would order one in to try it out when I chanced upon the website showing this rifle-like attachment for DSLR's. Was testing it for the first time since receiving the shipment in April, but just did not have a chance to field-test it till now due to my work commitment. I must say I am pleased with the first test. Can't wait to go out with it again sometime soon.

Hope to catch up with you the next time we are in the field. :thumbsup:;)

Haha didn't notice that, maybe i crossed your line of fire on the double :)...dangerous to wonder in front of big cannons :sweat: the SharpShooter System sure looks cool and comfortable to shoot with, hope to spot you next time.

I am in green camou hat, bermudas and grey polo-T, no big cannon, just hunting around with an Oly E-M5, bino, monopod and domke f2. My wife is behind with her Pany GH2 and bino, also in green camou hat and very dull outfit :bsmilie:

Nice series!

Haha didn't notice that, maybe i crossed your line of fire on the double :)...dangerous to wonder in front of big cannons :sweat: the SharpShooter System sure looks cool and comfortable to shoot with, hope to spot you next time.

I am in green camou hat, bermudas and grey polo-T, no big cannon, just hunting around with an Oly E-M5, bino, monopod and domke f2. My wife is behind with her Pany GH2 and bino, also in green camou hat and very dull outfit :bsmilie:

Looking forward to meeting you in the field, bro motionstills. :)

Nice series, CCx9...I've never had a good chance with the munias...they love hiding in long grass. Or maybe i walk around too much.

Nice series, CCx9...I've never had a good chance with the munias...they love hiding in long grass. Or maybe i walk around too much.

Thanks for your kind comments, coolhand57.

Yes.. Munias are easily spooked. We kept our distance, and after taking these shots, we tried to move slightly closer, but they took off immediately. Guess they were checking us out as we were taking their pictures, and once we came too close for comfort, they left the scene. :)

Oh yes,n they are in a flock usually..seen them only three times from walking around in LH & Eco Garden. Never had any good clear shot..
Maybe i walk around all this time during birding?

Learnt from someone that when you spot a target, stay put, set up quick, take your shot from where you are so that there is a record shot, and try to get closer, take another shot, and so on. At least, it will not be a total loss, and you have something to remind you of the sighting other than pure memory. :)

I am always slow at setting up, and that's why I prefer to shoot hand-held, and that's why when this sharpshooterindustries gadget came before, I decided to try it. I need to get out to the field more often though. Need practice. :)

Right,I shall try that next time.Thank you for your advice..and i might get that gadget you are using too. Looks neat.

Nice catch from LH ! :)

Thanks bro MM for the 2 thumbs-ups. Appreciate it deeply. :)