looks like Pentax name will be remain and something new in Oct?

Moonlightsg

Jan 28, 2010
Name remain...

http://www.pentaximaging.com/about-us.aspx?p=press&pid=PENTAXANNOUNCESNEWCOMPANYNAME20110930150136

Event for something new???

2wp6qm8.jpg

from other forum....

K-r successor with the 16mp sensor?

That would be one hell of an entry level camera.

20 hours to go, see who can guess out something right.

hope they don't face palm like apple.

I bet it's a K5 super (w/ new 24MP Sony sensor, built in GPS module, touch screen...)

Not a FF? :dunno:

IMO it will be a bit boring with 16mp Kr and 24mp K5 replacement.
Unless the next model comes with something out of the box over competitors, or that the IQ is again 1 step up from its sensor maker ;)

Fengwei is almost always right...

IMO it will be a bit boring with 16mp Kr and 24mp K5 replacement.
Unless the next model comes with something out of the box over competitors, or that the IQ is again 1 step up from its sensor maker ;)

Jk , like what we discuss during one outing ... I really hope only sensor improvement ... Like that can save some money ... Lol

Jk , like what we discuss during one outing ... I really hope only sensor improvement ... Like that can save some money ... Lol

Ha..ha..
Looking at the A77 o/p, which I presume the new K? will use the same sensor, I think I can save money this round. :D
Its got good o/p, but nothing overwhelming over K5.

But I still hope that Pentax will pull off a surprise.

Ha..ha..
Looking at the A77 o/p, which I presume the new K? will use the same sensor, I think I can save money this round. :D
Its got good o/p, but nothing overwhelming over K5.

But I still hope that Pentax will pull off a surprise.

It's a both sided thingy for me too . My Angel is praying hard that nothing fancy come out , but my devil inside me is hoping something special is coming out .... Lol

It's a both sided thingy for me too . My Angel is praying hard that nothing fancy come out , but my devil inside me is hoping something special is coming out .... Lol

Same thoughts. lol

I bet it's a K5 super (w/ new 24MP Sony sensor, built in GPS module, touch screen...)

and 10 m water resistant... ha ha

Last edited:
Not sure why people are so keen on the 24mp sensor, its a step back in terms of noise/DR compared to the wonderful 16mp sensor.

A slight increase in resolving power is not worth it for the TWO stops in DR that you are giving up.

Not sure why people are so keen on the 24mp sensor, its a step back in terms of noise/DR compared to the wonderful 16mp sensor.

A slight increase in resolving power is not worth it for the TWO stops in DR that you are giving up.

Its between a rock and a hard place for manufacturers.
Don't increase mp count, will end up looking as lacking to layman and potential customers when competitors move up in mp.
Move up, and processing power needs to be increased; file storage issues; maybe noise too (but everybody said that for the 16mp sensor now on K5, NEX-5n, D7k, A580 and were largely proven wrong)
The only example from this new 24mp sensor is from A77, and the Axx series has always looked worse at high ISO vs mirrored counterparts using the same sensor.
Lets hope the K? will be to of its class again like K5 was.

However, 24mp is really approaching the point of lunacy for me as a hobbyist. I need to print lots of A1 and A0 or crop a lot to really need it. Not to mention a new computer.