Looks like Klaus is not impressed with K5 at all

No perfect DSLR out there for everyone, as long as it is worth the money you going to pay for it, just grab :)

No perfect DSLR out there for everyone, as long as it is worth the money you going to pay for it, just grab :)

:thumbsup:
cant possibly please everyone.

sorry for my ignorance. who is "klaus" guy? Why does his opinion matter? :think:

i ask to be excused for my ignorance and lack of experience in this subject matters also but i found the discussion a bit un-informative and unhelpful for persons just seeking info on their choice of DSLRs.

remove / replace AA filter for eur500?! anyone interested to do that? :dunno::confused:

i'm not klaus, but yes, i did notice a slight drop in pixel "sharpness" for the k-r from the k20d.

nothing that can't be resolved for my purposes with proper sharpening. much prefer the better focusing at night, better high iso (much better, in fact), and the removal of long exposure noise reduction. that is a fine bunch of thing sto exchange for marginal pixel sharpness.

at the end of the day, i'm not in real need of the full size file.

Klauss who?

Correctomundo! its already in our hands. What else could we be sad abt? just use it. I still love its near silent shutter. Tried it on my fren took his pic beside him combined with a small cough and he didnt even notice I took it. :)

Klaus is the reviewer at photozone... He has the most pentax reviews i have seen from any review website. It has been speculated that his results are not ideal for pentax as he uses a dated k10...

a pugnacious blogger with the initials R.H had also seized on this and jumped on the bandwagon to slam the K-5's "poor performance" :bsmilie:

no intention to link him or name him, lest i unwittingly contribute traffic to his blog :sticktong

i really don't see what the big fuss is... not suitable for your use, just don't buy lor... so many pple are making so many beautiful pictures with their "lousy" camera... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I read all reviews, and classify "negative" reviews into two types:

1. Those who are out to bash the camera (which I take their views with a large pinch of salt), and
2. Those who actually bought the camera or those known to be unbiased (which I tend to trust more, unless the comments are emotional).

I especially sit up and notice when a "fan" turns around and give a negative comment.

Before today I have never heard of "Klaus", but from his posts he appeared to be a K-5 owner, and not out to bash the camera in any way.

Having said that, his priorities in a camera are different from mine - to him, high ISO is not important but to me, it is. For him, LW/PH resolution is critical but for me, it's not so. So while his views are valid, it would not influence my decision to own the camera. However, it is good information to know and I appreciate him for posting them.

Last edited:
Aiyah, doesn't matter that Klaus is not too impressed, he shoots charts more than anything else. He already said, ISO (and we can guess most of the other features) not important to him, he's only going for one single characteristic: more lp/mm.

Even though I say that, he's IMHO definitely one of the better lens reviewers around with regards to lab tests. Not biased, and the results are detailed enough with being too complicated. But you definitely still need to look elsewhere to know the real-world performance of the lenses, we didn't buy our lenses (or cameras) to shoot charts (sure they provide nice info, but... :dunno:)...

and ultimately.. the end result also depend on the person using it. :D
no use when u buy 1 "perfect" camera but the photo is like normal?

Awe didn't buy our lenses (or cameras) to shoot charts (sure they provide nice info, but... :dunno:)...

Thanks for the idea! Having read your comment above, I had a sudden inspiration to do an artistic series based on charts!

:light:

Frankly, I'm always apprehensive that links such as this is just thrown in here w/o due regard of its context and in a forum that is frequented by newbies who know little and is considering Pentax as an option. People begin to form a wrong opinion which may never get corrected. In fact, how many here got the in depth knowledge to understand/verify/substantiate/rebut what is even talked about?
Same as linking to RH and his love Pentax till he hate it BS. :bsmilie:

As indicated by Klaus, he is looking for the sharpest possible Pentax camera to be used for lens tests (which I totally respect his website for).

"Other than that the K5 seems to be a very fine camera from a user's perspective. Please note that I'm simply requiring a camera for a lab environment and the K5 is not substantially "better" for the lens tests (and only for the lens tests) than the old K10D. "

Even looking at it in my rudimentary terms, he gauges the resolution for the K5 to be :
"K5 @ 16mp:
max. 2500 LW/PH (RAW)
max. 2050 LW/PH (JPEG ****)"

Looking at the result of a FA35:
mtf.gif

The FA35 is still within even K10 resolution and the FA35 is a very sharp lens as we know it.

In other words, maybe its not the greatest most absolute in resolution camera, but certainly sanely enough.

K5 ISO200 1/125 FA35 f3.2
5205752451_53cf3d6cc2_b.jpg

How much more do I need?
5206349602_c43b99fd19_b.jpg

Thanks for the idea! Having read your comment above, I had a sudden inspiration to do an artistic series based on charts!

:light:

Really? :bsmilie: Show us the results when it's done!