Looking to buy a dry cabinet

Bltzkrieg

Mar 23, 2012
Hi, I've actually been shooting here and there for maybe a year but my camera has always just been kept in the camera bag. After reading some posts here and registering, I see that its probably best that i purchase a dry cabinet. I understand that there are different kinds and sizes so are there any recommendations for a brand that is affordable and a size for a camera and say an additonal lens (thinking of buying 1 upon graduation).

Thanks in advance =D

Bltzkrieg said:
Hi, I've actually been shooting here and there for maybe a year but my camera has always just been kept in the camera bag. After reading some posts here and registering, I see that its probably best that i purchase a dry cabinet. I understand that there are different kinds and sizes so are there any recommendations for a brand that is affordable and a size for a camera and say an additonal lens (thinking of buying 1 upon graduation).

Thanks in advance =D

Cathay photo, the shopping mall opposite of peninsula.
You've to go down to see which size you think best fits your setup.
I got a 38L and i'm enjoying it.

Thanks in advance =D

try MS colours at AMK? theres one at amk central and another inside AMK hub itself

Thanks in advance =D

There are quite a number of places that sell dry cabinet - Tkfoto, SLRR and John (all of them in Funan), Cathay Photo (1 in Penisula Singapore and 1 in Marina Square), MScolor (ang mo kio), etc.

I would get the largest cabinet I can afford if I were to choose, because you never know how big your collection of lenses and cameras will become in time. I have been promising myself to stop at the kit lenses and 1 body... but in the end, I ended up with a couple of camera bodies and quite a few lenses... luckily my dry cabinet is big enough for all these items.

u might want to check if your camera is in good state (no fungus) before you buy a dry cabinet. especially if you don't shoot often.

keeping your camera in the camera bag for too long usually results in very high chance of getting fungus (reason why? cos your bag may get wet from time to time and the dampness plus dark interior = conducive environment for fungus growth). Speaking which my army camp bag is infest with fungus in the interior cos i did not dry my bag after i used it.

Thanks for all the replies :)

@sinned79: the camera and lens seems alright. thanks for the advice =D the camera has been out of its bag since i started reading this forum. lol. the threat of fungus scares me =D

@octarine: thats a very informative page! guess i should have searched and read up before posting!

@rhino123, 1secondlate, kitkitkiat: i shall go take a look @ the shops and ask for more information at the same time =D dont wanna rush into a buy and be sian after that!

thanks once again for all the replies =D

Thanks for all the replies :)

@sinned79: the camera and lens seems alright. thanks for the advice =D the camera has been out of its bag since i started reading this forum. lol. the threat of fungus scares me =D

@octarine: thats a very informative page! guess i should have searched and read up before posting!

@rhino123, 1secondlate, kitkitkiat: i shall go take a look @ the shops and ask for more information at the same time =D dont wanna rush into a buy and be sian after that!

thanks once again for all the replies =D

good luck! :)