Looking thru the gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have done what is called "Framing an object" using an imaginative approach to take a subject in a new visual dimension (I have paraphrased from the 'National Geographic Field Guide - Secrets to making great pictures')

It is very nice and creative. :thumbsup:

IMHO the framing objective (in this case the gate) is abit large and stunning, as such it tends to draw some attention of the viewer away from the subject ie the church. Perhaps if you cropped away abit of the top and the right side it would probably look stunning.

Cheers :)

Originally posted by chngpe01
You have done what is called "Framing an object" using an imaginative approach to take a subject in a new visual dimension (I have paraphrased from the 'National Geographic Field Guide - Secrets to making great pictures')

It is very nice and creative. :thumbsup:

IMHO the framing objective (in this case the gate) is abit large and stunning, as such it tends to draw some attention of the viewer away from the subject ie the church. Perhaps if you cropped away abit of the top and the right side it would probably look stunning.

Cheers :)

Yap.. I always like framing. :)

Prehaps I will give it another go when I got the chance again.

Originally posted by Pain
Lots of people did this shot :(

Is it?

I didn't know that. :)

Haven't seen one.. maybe can provide a link so that I can improve?

I think there's room for much improvement.

yesh, very nice.
guess ya're really lucky, liked the exposure. where the details on the gate was exposed for also.

given the color of the sky, I think the picture will hit harder if it's named sth else. The intrigate curves on the gate faced by the straights of the church. ya don't happen to have a serious coming up do ya !?

it's a nice shot ... however it would be better if the right curve of the gate doesn't cut into the building and the foreground is sharp by using hyperfocal focusing.

Originally posted by tucker
yesh, very nice.
guess ya're really lucky, liked the exposure. where the details on the gate was exposed for also.

given the color of the sky, I think the picture will hit harder if it's named sth else. The intrigate curves on the gate faced by the straights of the church. ya don't happen to have a serious coming up do ya !?

Thanks for the compliments..

Err.. I dun think I had something serious coming unless you consider a basic theory test as something serious. :)

Originally posted by kiwitan
it's a nice shot ... however it would be better if the right curve of the gate doesn't cut into the building and the foreground is sharp by using hyperfocal focusing.

Thanks.

I like the way the gate is blur due to the DOF. I set it to a middle one to achieve that result.

I remember this is the biggest "hole" I can find.. If I have the chance, I will redo this shot all over again..

I think a "bigger" church would be nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.