looking like an idiot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

burningacid

May 24, 2003
Buangkok
I went to town yest. wif my fren's EOS300 hoping to capture some nice pics. While i was prepare to take on any stares if needed to capture something, i realise it wasnt this case at all eventually. It seems like pple were looking at me n thinking wats this guy doing wif the camera.. it makes me feel like an idiot n even more so since i was alone. How do u guys able to deal wif dis kind of pressure n still able to take good pics?? :dunno:

The crowd probably did not think anything weird about you at all. For me, I just continue to do what I'm doing. If you get stares, smile back :)

'talk yourself out of it' that you are shooting for yourself not for them, frankly i dun ready give a damn.

be yourself, the camera is a tool for your expression, dun worry abt the rest.

enjoy!:D

Originally posted by burningacid
I went to town yest. wif my fren's EOS300 hoping to capture some nice pics. While i was prepare to take on any stares if needed to capture something, i realise it wasnt this case at all eventually. It seems like pple were looking at me n thinking wats this guy doing wif the camera.. it makes me feel like an idiot n even more so since i was alone. How do u guys able to deal wif dis kind of pressure n still able to take good pics?? :dunno:

jus shoot nia...dun care abt what ppl thinks....i often shoot alone too....

if want to take 'people candid' its a quick snap n go.. if u point ur cam n focus at someone too long not very nice la.. unless u taking buildings and surroundings then ignore them they probably think u some pro photographer :D i've ever seen my friend taking pics with his digital cam then behind got big crowd like watching soccer match at coffeeshop like dat.. people just curious la..

go n shoot a few more timez n u will be uzed to it ..... :bsmilie:

u need not care abt their starez lah .....

juzt give them a nice smile .....

:D

Shooting like that and you feel Pressure? Lol. I even had to do assignments taking shoes.. imaging goin up to people and asking "can I take a photo of ur shoe?" and the ladies were goin like "what the hell? Pervert!!" Had to explain I had to do it for film studies in my course blah blah.. Now that's pressure!! Especially when after the shoot the lecturer tells you the shoes aren't comprehensive enough to properly expree ur story!! LOL..

Originally posted by viix
Shooting like that and you feel Pressure? Lol. I even had to do assignments taking shoes.. imaging goin up to people and asking "can I take a photo of ur shoe?" and the ladies were goin like "what the hell? Pervert!!" Had to explain I had to do it for film studies in my course blah blah.. Now that's pressure!! Especially when after the shoot the lecturer tells you the shoes aren't comprehensive enough to properly expree ur story!! LOL..

Shouldn't you be taking pics of like new shoes on the shelf kind of thing? Why need to ask from people?

Weird idea but interesting, any shots to see how the creativity came through?

Originally posted by astroller
Shouldn't you be taking pics of like new shoes on the shelf kind of thing? Why need to ask from people?

Weird idea but interesting, any shots to see how the creativity came through?

It was for some concept development project for school a year + back.. had to use old shoes as a visual means to express the relation of culture and society.. lol
the damn images was gone with my previous HDD.. dammit for not backing up :cry:

Originally posted by Jer76
if want to take 'people candid' its a quick snap n go.. if u point ur cam n focus at someone too long not very nice la.. unless u taking buildings and surroundings then ignore them they probably think u some pro photographer :D i've ever seen my friend taking pics with his digital cam then behind got big crowd like watching soccer match at coffeeshop like dat.. people just curious la..

toking abt taking pics of pple, i was caught by a lady while trying to take a shot of her back view.. keke.. well, kinda very "zun" tat she happens to turn back ;p

Geez Guys...

Dont know but several times i experience people looking at where i'm pointing my Camera and then look at me...then go away shaking or scratching their heads...

Once i got my Tripod setup towards the fountain at Ngee Ann Citys front, then this lady sat it front of me and frowned and gave the nasty stare.I was thinking @#$% i was here first....

The worst was when I was near City Hall area and this guy with his GF passing by and said to her to impress "I won't be that stupid to buy a Camera and take silly photos of nothing...I couldn't control myself and told him MYOB AS$%^%%^.

Well...maybe we jusrt have to go on and enjoy our art..or maybe were just a group of Artistic People that some people don't realize that Photography is also an Art.....

Originally posted by bishop
The worst was when I was near City Hall area and this guy with his GF passing by and said to her to impress "I won't be that stupid to buy a Camera and take silly photos of nothing...I couldn't control myself and told him MYOB AS$%^%%^.

I dun tink his gf would be impressed at his statement.. she would probably think he's still immature giving this sort of comment.. :thumbsd:

Geez Guys...

Yeah, I understand.. I was shooting recently when some young bugger was telling his gf that his handpghone camera is damn good.. can take nice photos and mentioned that people are stupid to be lugging around a hugh setup to take photos.
Well, we can't blame them for wanting to be ignorant...

viix, i'm sure we're all laughing our teeth off, why the person bought the phone in the first place... the chances of the phone in the advertisement being shot by another cameraphone is really remote... :D

A big YES on that one guys..

Been to several events recently in which people with handphone cameras were also taking pixs.And was clobbered by some leaping over my shoulders trying to take pixs.LOL, don't know what kind of pixs comes out,guess they still don't know that HP Cams are just TOY cameras.:cool:

. . . they still don't know that HP Cams are just TOY cameras.:cool:

Ha! I remember walking along Orchard road, and I heard some ridiculous statements over the speaker system. Some phone manufacturer(s) were trying to sell cell phone and they stated that "No one uses digital cameras anymore! They are the old way of taking pictures. People now use cell phones to take pictures!"

I was laughing when I heard that and thought "if only they knew how poor and tiny those pictures were."

I agree that those cams are only toys. They are just gimmicks.

To general consumers, anything that is puny tiny and portable is a valuable asset.

They just aim to have pleasure whipping out phones to snap as and when they like without the pressure and heaviness of the gears compared to a SLR/DSLR(s).

To them it rules totally because they think they're fast and they get what they want, they are pleased because it allows them to get their shots regardless whether nice or not.

To them we are the ones that are silly, to us, they are the ones that look silly. It's a vicious cycle. Just live and let live. They don't see the needs of our gears to take 'silly and nothing pictures'. They believe cameras should only be used to capture events like birthday parties and etc.

They just don't see things the way we do, nor the way we see things they do.

Like how many of you here actually snigger and sneer when you see somebody carrying the 7250 and trying to take pic while imagining that your digital camera or SLR can do better? :)

um, i'm entertained, actually. why? because these folks, some of them are first timers into snapping away, they start off snapping everything - look at the enthusiasm! :)

i think most of us started off this way too, ya? :)

i also just started shooting leh but no body stared at me so far or even bothered to look at me so far. or is it because i concentrated too much on the task to notice anything. or is it im too blur most of the time, maybe blurness does help here.

well maybe we could try to concentrate on the task at hand then distractions will not disturb us.

by the way burning acid what did the lady reply why u were shooting her back? they how did u answer her???

this inspire me to post a thread.

Originally posted by espn

Like how many of you here actually snigger and sneer when you see somebody carrying the 7250 and trying to take pic while imagining that your digital camera or SLR can do better? :)

Good one...
comparing 352X288 to 4-6MPs.. LOLx

Status
Not open for further replies.