Looking for volunteers ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
... who can do server admin/config, web design and coding.

ClubSNAP will be installing new servers in the near future to provide additional services and enhanced features and we need volunteers to help out.

If you are interested to help out, please send email to webmaster@clubsnap.org detailing past work and experiences.

This is your chance to help ClubSNAP to grow.

Hi darren,
I don't mind giving a hand.But i'm not really good at coding anything higher than Html.Would offer help on conceptual designs if you need any.More of a graphix person.

If you need to an adminstrator for Apache and UNIX servers, I would like to volunteer my service.

Hi all,

Thanks for all your enthusiastic response to our call for volunteers, and some of you even offered to support financially to ensure that ClubSNAP becomes the BEST photography forum (in view of the recent access issues, and in relation to a move to another IDC).

We have received many responses and will be whittling down to a few ppl that we will pool together.

Specific areas where we are looking for immediate help is:-
1. Design of a new, funky ClubSNAP logo; and
2. Design of new portal page

If you have any ideas or are able to cobble together a working demo of a update portal page, please let us know. Or contact us for more details on how we envisage the portal page/logo design.

Once again, thanks for the response - you are all GREAT members and we are proud to have you all onboard!!

Originally posted by Darren
Specific areas where we are looking for immediate help is:-
1. Design of a new, funky ClubSNAP logo
i used to dabble in design... can give it a shot. actually why not make it a impromptu contest, see who can come up with the nicest design? i see quite a few designers here...

Originally posted by firefox13
i used to dabble in design... can give it a shot. actually why not make it a impromptu contest, see who can come up with the nicest design? i see quite a few designers here...
Thats a brilliant idea! I will go create another thread to follow-up on this.

Actually, we tried something like this before, but no harm trying again.

;)

Originally posted by Darren
Thats a brilliant idea! I will go create another thread to follow-up on this. ;)
yah, can just lay down a few ground rules, like max size, resolution, animation (or not), etc. that kinda stuff... :D

I can do the following:

- web design/concepts
- html and flash (actionscript)
- dhtml/javascript implementation
- more designed inclined ;) wif knowledge of cgi/php

we tried doing a logo thingy b4... but well not nothing really finalised so :p hehe.. mmm

Its important what kind of identity we want, not just slap some fancy logo tt looks nice.

Suggestion:
- A core team of designers (smaller better)
- A core team of programmers
- A core team of content developers

And these teams work together :)

im avaliable! :D *hidden meaning? lol*

yes, i will help to lay my services as a member of the core team designers for clubsnap but before we start any designing, there should be some guildlines for us.

These are my works to date:

Smirnoff Singapore fashion designers 1997 contest- 1st runner up

Work for Song + Kelly 21 (Nov 1997- Dec 1997)

Completed fashion diploma in fashion design Raffles LaSalle international 1997 with gradustion show.

Co-Designer for Changi Air Base new logo (1999)

Co-Designer for Singapore Air Force family day T-shirts, polos, posters (1999)

Owner of defunct ladies label Shin'st (1999-2001)

Designer of causal label Sahara Club (2002)

Assistant Designer menswear and graphic designer for projectshopBLOODbros (2002-current)

I could be reach via PM for now as HP is forbidden during office hours. I hope my services will be of help here.

:angel:

Keep those replies coming in - some of the suggestions made have been really good. We will be organising the relevant teams soon and starting discussions.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi, I have experience in web application development. Currently working as a software engineer.... Let me know if I can contribute to clubsnap.

I can do javascript, jsp, servlet.

Let me know ;)

currently doing windows server on my side...AS to be precise..if u need help, just drop me a mail.

hihi,

I've being doing web-developing using PHP, Javascript, MYSQL ,HTML and know a bit of Coldfusion. Hope these skills can contribute something to clubsnap :)
If you need any help, I can be contacted via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.