Looking for tips and tricks to take great pics

Faadli27

Apr 25, 2010
oL skOOL kaMpoNg
Hi all .... with ur guidance I hope I can take great shots and learn more about photography. Cheers

Welcome to CS :)
Join the outings organised by some CS'sers & you'll learn more from there. Check out the gatherings & outings section ;)

Welcome to CS :) lots of things to read up. Beware of anti-data also. I'd like to read books and magazines; that's a good place to start (data is more certain if published than from any person whom you are not familiar with).

There are people in here whom I listen to carefully (to the point of stalking them :bsmilie:) and there are some whom I would gladly thank for their comments but take things in stride.

Hi all .... with ur guidance I hope I can take great shots and learn more about photography. Cheers

The best thing you could do to achieve that is to read about the BASICS of light, digital photography, exposure, composition and THE most important is .........

your camera manual.

No use to know everything about photography but don't know how to get the most out of your camera. :bsmilie:

Or you could spend months or years blasting away and depend on luck. :bigeyes:

Or become a photoshop genius and disregard good photography skills. :sweat:

Not that I advocate the last two approaches. :rolleyes:

Welcome to CS BTW. :cool:

Welcome to the club!

Read the guides, manuals, books, whatever you can get your hands on!

There are people in here whom I listen to carefully (to the point of stalking them :bsmilie:) and there are some whom I would gladly thank for their comments but take things in stride.

Looks like some people have to be warned about this deviant wild cat!!!

Last edited:
Hi welcome to CS!
Shoot more, Read more, Ask more and your will Learn more!:thumbsup:
Happy shooting:D

Welcum 2 CS:D

You must understand the relationship between aperture, shutter speed and ISO.

to all of the above , I thank you for your replies , will put all of ur comments to good use ... hope that someday i will join u guys on CS gatherings ... thank you again !

Hey guys , can i just ask something , why cant i post replies on the classifieds section. I am interested in a camera in the Nikon section. I need help .. Mods please help ... thanks :dunno:

best way is to read as many Micheal Freeman books as possbile.... i learn alot from them... :thumbsup:

and then go on and read others.... it is non stop learning...

must learn photoshop too...

Plus... get a book from PageOne - Title : 150 Workouts For Student Photographers by John Easterby they are good book for beginners likes me.. use to take homework out for there... Cheers!:)

Last edited:
Welcome to CS :thumbsup:

Hey guys , can i just ask something , why cant i post replies on the classifieds section. I am interested in a camera in the Nikon section. I need help .. Mods please help ... thanks :dunno:

You cannot post a reply in B&S unless you are the TS.The only way to reply is to call/sms/PM/email the seller/buyer:)

... There are people in here whom I listen to carefully (to the point of stalking them :bsmilie:) and there are some whom I would gladly thank for their comments but take things in stride.

Talking about me? :cry:

Great pictures? Once you get the basics, shoot loads. Memory is cheap nowadays so you can afford to spam and bracket like some crazy. That's what i did when i first started out. You're bound to get more keepers if you shoot a lot. Review all your images once in a while, see what went wrong and what you could have done better. That's what i did and still do. Also post your images here on cs for us to either 'oooh ahhh' or flame like hell. Ok just joking, post for us to give comments and give advice on how to improve. Also check out the photo galleries. There's some pretty good stuff there, although some crap does appear there once in a well. Nightmare's APAD (dreamscapes) is pretty good, one of my personal favs.

Lastly, welcome to cs and have fun ;)

just wondering if taking landscrape picture (blue sky) with HDB flats / building around do u take the overall picture with them around or u will focus on only the sky