looking for tele converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reno

Jan 22, 2005
Land of the Teddy Bear
Guys... what is the price like for a tele converter for FZ20? Any brand would do.

can try Olympus TCON17 1.7x tele. costs around $140. it's probably the highest quality tele for its price. avoid most of the 2x or 2.5x teles as they are usually wrongly speced (most are only ~1.3x).

mpenza said:
can try Olympus TCON17 1.7x tele. costs around $140. it's probably the highest quality tele for its price. avoid most of the 2x or 2.5x teles as they are usually wrongly speced (most are only ~1.3x).

But for this one, you need to get an adaptor and a step down ring to 55mm so you need to factor in the cost too.

Cheers
John

mpenza said:

so cheap? is that for brand new or 2nd hand?

Mpenza is right about the 2.5x being wrongly speced. Bought one and the tele effect is nowhere near satisfactory.

John Teoh said:
Brand new one. I bought my at $150. Second hand can be somewhere around $100.

Cheers
John

That pricing is reasonable... but how much you paid for the adapter and the stepdown ring?

theITguy said:
Can range from $50 to $6xx, what brand you need? :cool:

Any brand would do... as long as it is able to attach FZ20 :D

Reno said:
Guys... what is the price like for a tele converter for FZ20? Any brand would do.

I use the Panasonic LTZ10 and am very satisfied with it.
I find there is no light loss and no degradation of images with the FZ10.
It should be the same for the FZ20.
It also comes with mounting bracket which would take the load stress off the camera attachment ring and position the setup for proper balance on a tripod/monopod.
What I hate about it is it seems to take forever to screw onto the camera and changing between tele and wide-angle becomes tedious.
Also there are no threads to mount closeup, UV, CP filters etc or hood.
If anyone has any suggestions what I can get to fit close-up filter or hood on, I would be really grateful.

how much is ltz10 then?

the price of this panasonic tele-converter is not cheap...... check their US website that it cost USD$499.95.......

Reno said:
the price of this panasonic tele-converter is not cheap...... check their US website that it cost USD$499.95.......

Very hard to find in Canada and U.S. but available and priced lower in HK and Spore - S$670 - 680.

AncientMariner said:
I got it new for $675 incl GST, bracket, lens pouch, rear and front end caps.

wow... :bigeyes:

AncientMariner said:
I got it new for $675 incl GST, bracket, lens pouch, rear and front end caps.

Oh my gosh, you actually went and got the Original Panasonic teleconversion and wide angle conversion!!!!
With that kind of money, you could have got a premium lens for DSLR.

so after putting it on, 36 become 18? or 1mm? hehehe....

Reno said:
chimmmm.....
ops! it tele hor.. not wide hor? so after putting it on. can acheive 1000mm ?

rhair78 said:
Oh my gosh, you actually went and got the Original Panasonic teleconversion and wide angle conversion!!!!
With that kind of money, you could have got a premium lens for DSLR.

Don't forget you first need a DSLR to use their lense. :)
And what do you think a "premium" lens with IS, 35-420mm & F2.8 plus 1.4X teleconverter through the range would cost? Also what about the weight?
I do own a SLR but looking at this, I guess such a lens would be at least equivalent to a dozen FZ20s (and more than I can afford): http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/40028afi.htm
Therefore, I will still be hanging on to MY FZ10 AND LTZ10 come time to upgrade to a Minolta 7D. :D

sunkist said:
ops! it tele hor.. not wide hor? so after putting it on. can acheive 1000mm ?

It's a 1.5X tele so you shd get equiv of 630mm or thereabouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.