Looking for speakers too

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a small but good sound quality speakers for my Mac Pro and the one that I got for my friend.
Any suggestions please?
Preferably without the huge subwoofer.

Klipsch Promedia Ultra 2.0
Aego M

I got a pair of JBL speakers for computer (not used yet)....please PM me..

Bang & Olufsen

bl4pc-colours.jpg

no sub no bass

Bad generalization. I know a lot of speakers that go down seriously low, right into the double digit frequency range. Some floorstanders have dedicated bass drivers. Though obviously quantity will not be as much as the floor-facing drivers of dedicated subs (PC ones tend to be bollocks, by the way, the only difference between them and normal satellites being the cone size and a crossover circuit so they only play the low frequency), but they certainly can sound good, and they definitely aren't in the 'no bass' range. If you buy a set of good bookshelves or PC satellites that aren't meant to be used with a sub, and they have no bass, then they just plain suck.

By saying "small", I guess your definition of small is probably closer to the size of satellite cube speakers similar to those that bose uses, rather than the size of bookshelf speakers that measures close to a feet tall right?

Very hard to recommend "small but good quality" speakers without sub in that sense, becos those will have very little or no bass.. :sweat:

I will stick to my recommendation of these twos:

1)
http://www.altecmm.com/product_details_intl.asp?pID=FX4021&region=asiapac&country_code=sg

The footprint of the Altec lansing FX4021 is not too big but the bass unit actually houses twin 5" bass drive face-to-face which is pretty cool for pc spkrs I think.. You get pretty good quantity and quality of bass. The high/mid satellite drivers looks like metal made and it does sounded a bit steely though, but clarity is good.

2) http://www.divoom.com/solo-iii.asp

I like the piano finishing, the solidity of the cabinet, the vacuum tube, the silk tweeter and the pointed nail-like legs which are common in audiophile spkrs.. I am actually itching to get one..hehee
But maybe one downside is that due to the low resonance cabinets, the bass could sound a little lean to my liking, but then you can also say that there's less coloration on the other hand..

Bad generalization. I know a lot of speakers that go down seriously low, right into the double digit frequency range. Some floorstanders have dedicated bass drivers. Though obviously quantity will not be as much as the floor-facing drivers of dedicated subs (PC ones tend to be bollocks, by the way, the only difference between them and normal satellites being the cone size and a crossover circuit so they only play the low frequency), but they certainly can sound good, and they definitely aren't in the 'no bass' range. If you buy a set of good bookshelves or PC satellites that aren't meant to be used with a sub, and they have no bass, then they just plain suck.
double digit? :dunno: 99Hz? I know many speakers love to play 50-60Hz very efficiently even without any input.

Status
Not open for further replies.