looking for shi fu !

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrc0w

Jul 22, 2008
how should i start looking for a professional photographer to learn with ?
i need events opportunities to build my portfolio.
desire to shoot for sports photography but doesnt have the lense that is fast enough yet.
anyone please show some guidance and advice, i will be most grateful.

thanks
pardon me if this post belongs to the newbie category.

how should i start looking for a professional photographer to learn with ?
apply for a job as a photographer's assistant

i need events opportunities to build my portfolio.
do what everyone else is doing, go to the sports event and shoot

desire to shoot for sports photography but doesnt have the lense that is fast enough yet.
do what everyone else is doing, work, save, eat grass and lastly BBB!

you can always rent or buy 2nd hand

Not everyone can take hardship. Many 'wannabe' photographers just walk away when all they ever do is to buy coffee...

Bro Ortega,

Where can I apply a photog assistperson? classifieds? here? Thanks for the guide..I need to learn even if i do it for free.

Even more so if models are involve. Can lotion one for free also haha..just kidding.

Thanks.

Bro Ortega,

Where can I apply a photog assistperson? classifieds? here? Thanks for the guide..I need to learn even if i do it for free.

Even more so if models are involve. Can lotion one for free also haha..just kidding.

Thanks.

do not assume that the photographer will teach you, you will have to pick stuff up by yourself as you assist him/her

first you need to find the photographer that you want to learn from (you mentioned sports)
so locate a sports photographer and ask/apply

you can also post in the services wanted forum

thanks all for advices, but where can i find jobs like asst photographer. i've search like jobdb and etc, as well as blogs that offer jobs, but very very few like 1 job available only..

do not assume that the photographer will teach you, you will have to pick stuff up by yourself as you assist him/her

first you need to find the photographer that you want to learn from (you mentioned sports)
so locate a sports photographer and ask/apply

you can also post in the services wanted forum
i see, thank you !

thanks everyone =)

The info is right there under your nose in CS....... yes here....

Last edited:
don't bother looking under the classifieds.
trawl through the contact list of photographers you like and admire. drop them an email and offer to give your time to them.

It helps having a portfolio as well, because most photographers wouldn't mind teaching one who has shown dedication in the craft.

listing your services esp when you are an assistant online seldom works, at least in my opinion.

If you are dead serious and want to truely make a living out of it get certified. Follow the wrong people you will only pick up their own style of shooting (which they also picked up somewhere) or their bad habits or their awful **** ego ***** character.

Status
Not open for further replies.