Looking for schools for shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

limdj

Jan 12, 2008
Does anyone know which school is willing to let u go into their sch to take photos for portfolio? I wanna take a couple shoot in sch as background utilising the science labs etc etc but no sch seems ok with even stepping in if u are not a student

nowadays even parents need to get a pass to go inside the school compound if they want to see their child.

don't think any school in sg will let you do that.

Does anyone know which school is willing to let u go into their sch to take photos for portfolio? I wanna take a couple shoot in sch as background utilising the science labs etc etc but no sch seems ok with even stepping in if u are not a student

well i noticed before at polytechnics photographers doing photoshoots on the premises.
Not sure if any prior permission was granted though cause things are quite open around there.

It saw like a "Pose - Snap - Go" kinda thing. :confused:

If you're looking for secondary school setting, Best thing for you to do is to try giving your old secondary school a call and see they're willing to do something for an "Ex-student" :bsmilie:

How about Polytechnics? I noticed(as with post above) that it's quite lax and carefree inside with hardly any attention given to public.

what would you like to shoot in polytechnics? lol. I believe most polytechnics have their own photography club they use for shoots. =D

How about Polytechnics? I noticed(as with post above) that it's quite lax and carefree inside with hardly any attention given to public.

Not if you want to get into secure areas like labs or soundstages. General open areas are a little on the grey side; I would expect that if questioned, the security would expect you to be a student of the campus at the very least, if you are shooting on campus.

Not if you want to get into secure areas like labs or soundstages. General open areas are a little on the grey side; I would expect that if questioned, the security would expect you to be a student of the campus at the very least, if you are shooting on campus.

lol, dress up casually , jeans + tee shirt , carry a bag , they probably will leave you alone. ;p

well i noticed before at polytechnics photographers doing photoshoots on the premises.
Not sure if any prior permission was granted though cause things are quite open around there.

It saw like a "Pose - Snap - Go" kinda thing. :confused:

If you're looking for secondary school setting, Best thing for you to do is to try giving your old secondary school a call and see they're willing to do something for an "Ex-student" :bsmilie:

lol, dress up casually , jeans + tee shirt , carry a bag , they probably will leave you alone. ;p

Yep, shooting on polytechnic campus grounds is fine. Just don't go wandering into areas like the labs and all. After all, if you aren't a student there you have no business wandering into facilities that the students pay school fees to utilise. it doesn't matter how you dress (as long as you look reasonably young). I've wandered arnd my poly campus with a camera and tripod often, and no one really cares.

So go shoot if you want :) if you get stopped, just apologise and leave, they won't arrest you or confiscate your camera or anything. :)

what would you like to shoot in polytechnics? lol. I believe most polytechnics have their own photography club they use for shoots. =D

Photography club in my poly doesnt seem to do shoots at all. Yearbook committee (which I believe is not related to photography club) does the shoots. :bsmilie:

Photography club in my poly doesnt seem to do shoots at all. Yearbook committee (which I believe is not related to photography club) does the shoots. :bsmilie:

haha what poly are you from? shooting in TP is a very common sight. sometimes video, mostly photography.

ha, yea man, which poly are u from. I'm front NYP and my club and I do quite an amount of event shoots. yearbook and all may be done by an external or inhouse photographer. Of course, I believe that's whether you have what it takes for the school to hire you for that. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.