Looking for photos of places in SG during the 80s/90s

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BenHo0003

Hi folks,

I am looking for pics of the city area and the southeastern coast during the 1980s and 1990s. (If you have photos dating to an earlier period also can) If you have any, care to share? (I would be especially interested in photos of places which no longer exist, for instance, Van Kleef Aquarium, Kallang Gasworks, The Three "Worlds" etc)

Thanks. :)

E.g.:

24496025.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Who are you?

this sounds kinda hostile to me.

IMO, TS is just asking if anyone can share some photos of old Singapore. Dun see why you need to sound so hostile?

Anyway the photo that TS had posted kinda refresh me how marina sq looks like before Esplanade was built. Already forgotten how this area looks like before all those new buildings was build. That kicks my interest to search for these same photos as well.

Last edited:

IMO, TS is just asking if anyone can share some photos of old Singapore. Dun see why you need to sound so hostile?

Anyway the photo that TS had posted kinda refresh me how marina sq looks like before Esplanade was built. Already forgotten how this area looks like before all those new buildings was build. That kicks my interest to search for these same photos as well.
the question Mod Ortega asked is valid, so we will know that whether is TS using it for commercial purposes, this is to protect the interest of our members.

the question Mod Ortega asked is valid, so we will know that whether is TS using it for commercial purposes, this is to protect the interest of our members.

adding the "who are you?" sounds kinda hostile to me.

to me:

"This is the wrong place to ask, what do you want these images for?"

and

"This is the wrong place to ask, what do you want these images for?
Who are you?
"

got 2 different meaning.

1st sounds polite way of asking
2nd sounds hostile

dun you think so?

I read the way he ask sounds like:

"This is the wrong place to ask, what do you want these images for?
Who are you? - Who do you think you are?
"

anyway this is just my personal opinion. not pinpointing anyone but since Ortega is a moderator, perhaps he should rephrase his sentense as he is also representing the forum as a moderator. Especially the way TS sounds is polite enough not the aggressive type of asking as if anyone owes him anything. Isn't this the way how you talk to people?

You friendly to me, i friendly to you.

You rude to me, i will be as rude to you.

Last edited:
i've quite a few but what do the TS need them for?

care to share? after TS posted this thread and show a photo, i am interested also... cos i have forgotten how some parts of sg looks like already even though i was born in the late 70s.

you can reduce the image quality, i just need to view only for interest sake. :)

Marina sq got a special place in my heart, i still remember magic land :bsmilie: cos i won something back then in my childhood days playing those rides.

care to share? after TS posted this thread and show a photo, i am interested also... cos i have forgotten how some parts of sg looks like already even though i was born in the late 70s.

you can reduce the image quality, i just need to view only for interest sake. :)

Marina sq got a special place in my heart, i still remember magic land :bsmilie: cos i won something back then in my childhood days playing those rides.

waseh, this one need to scan from film negatives. :sweatsm:

dun haf it in digital copies. mux find time to scan n of cos, find a scanner! :bsmilie:

Hi folks,

I am looking for pics of the city area and the southeastern coast during the 1980s and 1990s. (If you have photos dating to an earlier period also can) If you have any, care to share? (I would be especially interested in photos of places which no longer exist, for instance, Van Kleef Aquarium, Kallang Gasworks, The Three "Worlds" etc)

Thanks. :)

E.g.:

24496025.jpg

I think you have found the site that shows the old photos, good enough, you can actually pay a nominal fee i believe to get a copy without the watermark. And they do have photos much earlier than the 80s as well.

If you are looking for free photos to use from users here, am afraid this is not the appropriate place.

waseh, this one need to scan from film negatives. :sweatsm:

dun haf it in digital copies. mux find time to scan n of cos, find a scanner! :bsmilie:

wah ok... then dun trouble u already haha...

i lost alot of the negatives i used to have (my parents took)... such a pity...

i really forgotten how MS looks like this way back then already :cry:

wah ok... then dun trouble u already haha...

i lost alot of the negatives i used to have (my parents took)... such a pity...

i really forgotten how MS looks like this way back then already :cry:

see when i free la. nid to dig them out, get from my parents and find a negative scanner.

cheers!

My "Who are you?" question is directed to the TS and not to you
the question is asked because the TS asked for images without telling us
who he is and what does he want the image for
how the images will be used

i believe it is a valid question
how hostile it sounds really depends on the frame of mind that the reader is in at the time of reading. I hope the rest of you day will be better. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.