looking for Photographing buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsim

Feb 18, 2009
Lion City
Hi, i am very new to DSLR. I found that shooting alone is boring and lack of motivation.
Anyone newbies or experts are interested to form a small group to go around Singapore (initial stage) to do the shootings?

Hi, i am very new to DSLR. I found that shooting alone is boring and lack of motivation.
Anyone newbies or experts are interested to form a small group to go around Singapore (initial stage) to do the shootings?

there is different club for different dslr users mah
you go join their outings or join them :D

cheers ~

You can check out the gatherings & outings section and join in any outings organised there. :)

well i actually beg to differ because sometimes shooting alone gives you that much needed time alone, just walking around observing what is nice to shoot and getting the 'freedom' of what shots you want to take. its like having the time to just your camera and yourself haha.

of course, it's also good to work in groups as you can learn from others i.e. shooting the same thing and comparing shots later, discussing which is the best shot settings, exchanging lenses? etc.

however, one downfall is that there is this tendency to rush your shots depending on how fast your group moves around, especially if some people tend to be 'faster' than you. similar, sometimes i feel it kinda restrains your ability to 'pick' good shots you want to capture, as you tend to want to shoot what others are shooting, and everyone captures the same thing. just my two cents worth, so maybe its good to have a balance of both.

and yes as others mentioned, there are many of such groups around.

I shoot alone more than often.

But groups, esp if small groups are good for street shooting and when you need to bounce an idea around for discussion. What you need more seems to be a mentor. ;)

find a group to join. i always ask in the group when i'm free and see who's free to go together. i'm new too and dont mind going in groups or alone.

alone, my shots will be more abstract ba. but if in groups, it'll be more leisure and fun.

I will be interested but I am only using a prosumer. If you are ok with that

It's quite true what's said about shooting in groups. Perhaps you can start with one or two friends?

Hi,

Thank you very much for the useful advises.

Hi Fireemblem and findjk,

Of course. I am looking for anyone who is interested. The more the merrier.

Let's set a date, maybe next weekend for our first outdoor shooting.
Let's think of a place together.

My HP is 94511439.

Hello! I'm keen on joining too since i'm a newbie =)

1. either join an outing or
2. organise an outing and get people to join

but only do it in the gatherings & outings forum

thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.