Looking For Photog to Share Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

chngpe01

Staff member
I am looking for anyone interested to share studio with me. Can try out short term ie 6 months and if it works out well then can continue long term.

Presently, I am the only one in this studio. It is in Macpherson Road Area, at Kallang Pudding Rd, Mactech Ind Bldg. The area is 1,200 sq ft.
See Street Directory for location: http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_5313/travel_site_44531/
Buses 8, 64, 65, 66, 90, 151, 151e and 154

Some images here:

Entrance & Lounge Area
116872764.jpg

Lounge Area - Leather Sofa, fridge and pantry (for meeting with clients, relax or chill out)
116872765.jpg

Inside the Studio. You can shoot either using the 6m side or the 8m side. Ceiling is about 15ft (have to use extension pole for autopole)
116873073.jpg

Another view of inside the Studio:
116873076.jpg

Changing Room and Makeup area

116872769.jpg

Rental Rates etc discuss off line

For Wedding Photog you can hang your works at the lounge area (I can make space for you)

Contact: 96821964 or PM me if your are interested for viewing etc.

PE

Store and Equipment Area:

116872770.jpg

Light Stands :about 8 heavy duty, 6 light duty
Boom = 2 sets
4 light box, several umbrellas, beauty dish, 2 x Elinchrom 1200s/Rx, 3 x Elinchrom 600S/RX, 2 x Elinchrom Speed Ranger w/ 2 heads, snoot, reflectors, 2 x multi blizt 400w hot light (not to be shared but can be rented if needed)

9ft backdrop : grey, light grey, black, white, blue, brown, beige, red, yellow and some others, 4.5ft back drop include black, grey, blue, white, yellow, light blue, red and some others. translum paper, horse bench and table for product shoot, blower and fan, 4 x 2mx1.5m 5 i 1 reflector board, 80cm reflector etc

Last edited:
Hi Bro, I have a client of mine wanted to do fashion shoot for their clothing in October and I need to use a decent and affordable studio. Their budget is pretty low. Are u keen in this? Please let me know or you call me Kenneth at 94501647. Thank Mate.

upz for my old friend... See Eik, I told you so....

Hahahaha - It's over, no point harpering over it. Anyway you had also given me headaches too :devil: coffee when you are nearby anytime. :)

Still available for short term sharing

kekeke... Appreciate what you've done... but I've done nothing in comparison la.... That's too much, but very expected of it to happened....

Upz for an old friend.....

upz for uncle... studio looks good! Pm me your rental rates can?:)

space like this...easily $70 - $90 nett overhead per day ( excluding photographer's pay ) or
$130 - $160 per day including pay.

average 3 days one assignment of $500 billing to sustain, more than that means good profit, otherwise, walking on tight rope. 30 days passes very fast.

pls specify clearly in written agreement that landlord will have the priority to use the studio in case of a clash in shooting schedule.
saw many friendship breakup bcoz of this.

all clients want their job done asap.

Last edited:
space like this...easily $70 - $90 nett overhead per day ( excluding photographer's pay ) or
$130 - $160 per day including pay.

average 3 days one assignment of $500 billing to sustain, more than that means good profit, otherwise, walking on tight rope. 30 days passes very fast.

pls specify clearly in written agreement that landlord will have the priority to use the studio in case of a clash in shooting schedule.
saw many friendship breakup bcoz of this.

all clients want their job done asap.

Thanks for your "upzz". But seriously I do not understand your point. :confused:

your main purpose is to lower your overhead by sharing. you are not looking for a business partner, so you'd become the landlord ( so to say ).
listing out the dos and don't for your tenant is utmost important to avoid unnecessary dispute later on.

make sure your place is well protected, like cctv, alarm system, insured against theft, fire etc.
so the one who is sharing, also have to share these cost too.

who buy drinks to stock up the fridge ?
when your tenant's clients or friend come visiting, can he/she use those drinks to serve them ?

these might be petty, but eventually are the sparks for big fuss later on.

Last edited:
your main purpose is to lower your overhead by sharing. you are not looking for a business partner, so you'd become the landlord ( so to say ).
listing out the dos and don't for your tenant is utmost important to avoid unnecessary dispute later on.

make sure your place is well protected, like cctv, alarm system, insured against theft, fire etc.
so the one who is sharing, also have to share these cost too.

who buy drinks to stock up the fridge ?
when your tenant's clients or friend come visiting, can he/she use those drinks to serve them ?

these might be petty, but eventually are the sparks for big fuss later on.

Thanks isn't it obvious :)

you know, i'd got a friend who got really taken off, he is deisgn oriented, rent / share office space with a fellow, one night he reurn to office and saw police raiding his premise, later discovered that his shared office partner had used the location to consume drugs. but somehow they do it late after office hour thinking that no one will know...however the anti-narcotics outsmart them.

Last edited:
you know, i'd got a friend who got really taken off, he is deisgn oriented, rent / share office space with a fellow, one night he reurn to office and saw police raiding his premise, later discovered that his shared office partner had used the location to consume drugs. but somehow they do it late after office hour thinking that no one will know...however the anti-narcotics outsmart them.

Noted on your point. Perhaps we can learn from those who manage successfully... ? Anyone care to share?

another case of real life scenario... a not so close friend, commercial/mag photog, operates a one-man-shop studio.
oneday, two walk in client demand some products which they brought along to be photographed.
agreed witht the pricing and he started working on it, during the process, one of them excuse out to buy some refreshment and snacks and claim they haven't eaten.
later on return with drinks and food. midway, offer packet drink to photog.

one sip all it takes.... when awaken...all those can be hand carry all gone...hasselblad, carl zeiss etc.

his hindsight...did not install cctv, let strangers into studio.
though equipment is insured, but the payment is not upfront or in full, takes some time to wait for result from police/CID investigation. have to borrow money to replenish equipment to continue business, very painful experience.

Last edited:

Well things happens, fortunately nothing of that sort happen to me. That's is why I am looking at a short term sharing for 6 months afterwhich if things works out well, we can then renew the lease for a longer term.

Thanks - Still looking :)

Last edited:
those in the line might know about this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.