Looking for Party Photopgrapher

Status
Not open for further replies.
$50 not worth the risk if some kids fall down and say its that stupid photographer fault.

$50 not worth the risk to bring expensive equipment to a house full of screaming kids spraying orange juice and smashing chocolate cake onto the photographer.

Children photography is a specialty genre. If you can get great pictures of fast moving/uncooperative/camera shy kids, then you are definitely worth at least $100 per hour.

Just look at the forums how many mums and dads kept asking same questions on how to photograph their children you know this is a hard genre. After buying their 4th $1000+ lens they still scratching their head. If they cannot photo their own children despite the familiarity, a total stranger is going to be harder. If a stranger can do it, his got skills. Skills is valuable.

Last edited:
i suggest u save the $50 got your child birthday gift more better.. u mentioned u do birthday party every year so did any photographer lured with the $50 offer? i yes.. y dont the photographer do it for u again? 3hrs + editting = $50 is EXPLOITATION! even the cake cost more than $50.... like duh!

LOL. best is , she will spread the word around "hey, Clubsnap got tons of super cheap photographers. " and u will see more and more ppl coming in and ask for cheap service. :bsmilie:

YOU SEE! She had done this before and now she is back for more!!!

It is exactly because got cheapo and stupid photographers who go and answer to her cheap offers which make her and her 20 friends think this a ok price to pay.

You answer to her $50 again next year she will be back!

And portfolio, please please please! Photographers ask yourselves how hard it is to get portfolio of people gathering in a hdb flat? Every Chinese New Year Hari Raya Deepavali Christmas your own house have already what? This is no portfolio at all! This type of portfolio only attracts more of TS type of people.

Snapers reject anyone who offers less then 100/hr.
This person is insulting us.

if the photog does not know how to value himself.. there's nothing we can do. They just want to have more photos to add to their 'portfolio' to look good. doesn't matter if picture is good or not. this is to cater people looking for quantity (pay less and can have tons of photos) instead of quality

$50 not worth the risk if some kids fall down and say its that stupid photographer fault.

$50 not worth the risk to bring expensive equipment to a house full of screaming kids spraying orange juice and smashing chocolate cake onto the photographer.

Children photography is a specialty genre. If you can get great pictures of fast moving/uncooperative/camera shy kids, then you are definitely worth at least $100 per hour.

Just look at the forums how many mums and dads kept asking same questions on how to photograph their children you know this is a hard genre. After buying their 4th $1000+ lens they still scratching their head. If they cannot photo their own children despite the familiarity, a total stranger is going to be harder. If a stranger can do it, his got skills. Skills is valuable.

I'll do it for 50 bucks with the following proposition:

Camera: iPhone
Photo Editing: Instagram in iPhone
Soft Copy: Email

The reality - someone will do it anyway.

But as a word of advice, don't cheapen yourself. $50/hr? Still want post-processing? laughable....

Saying no to cheapskates. No.

Obviously is a cheapo. I hate those words like giving newbie a chance to built portfolio or gain experiences. Event like children party is not really high demand in the market. Provided the kid is from atas family and the invited guests also atas, in that case worth doing it or maybe like children portrait also can. Other than that forget about it. I rather shoot FOC for singapore red cross and charity events and put it under photojournalism category . "About 20kids + 30 adults " Cater food and drinks for 20kids + 30 adults roughly how much ? LOL Sigh !!!

possible to get $100 for newbie photographer??

so lucrative?

What I can say is, appleng, you've become famous :) Congratulations :)

For the rest, let's move on...

Paying peanuts but want quality work. If you dont need quality work, y not post in other forum such as www. monkeys . com? What about the previous cheap photographers you hire? Oh not up to ur expectation so come back again?

Hate people trying to argue as if you are right when you just "declared" that you are a cheapo.

At least I cheapo, i admit.. :bsmilie:

Dear all who have commented, and shown your concern...truly appreciated

This is not my first time looking for services in this forum and I conduct parties for my kids almost every year. My budget of $50 is because this service is not a necessity to me but rather a good to have if I can find one. I am sure my budget can fit for aspiring photographers who would like to take the opportunity to build up their portfolio, and even better, to meet new potential clients if their work are good(have I mentioned 20 kids = many parents?)

So for those who keen, pls feel free to drop me email as I don't check back regularly. And again, $50 is for ENTIRE event, not per hour.

Ps...And for the comfort of my guests.....I am lucky to have friends who wouldn't mind a bit of discomfort to join us in our celebration :)

Hmmm... In that Case...

Dear CS photographers,
I'm looking for a photographer to cover my colleague's wedding.
- 10 hours
- Post-Process all photo
- All copies to be returned in DVD
- Childhood Montage
- Express Highlight
- 400x 4R prints
- 50x 8R prints
- 2x Coffee Table Album

Details:
Time: 4am - 10am gatecrash, 7pm - 11pm dinner
Venue: From jurong to tampines, back to jurong. then hotel.
Est no. of guests: 45 tables

Preferred if instant print services is included.

Offering $88.00 for any CS Photographers to take up this event.

Thanks.

BTW, CS means CheapSkate right?

Hi

Details as below, interested pls email me at cliffapple@hotmail.com

• Bugeted at $50 for the event
  • 10 March Sat, 5 to 8pm estimated
  • Location at Punggol 5rm flat
  • About 20kids + 30 adults
  • Edited photos in soft copies

Don't treat aspiring photographers like beggers. You got to pay accordingly. You don't go to new food outlets and pay them a fraction of the amount that they are selling do you?

Lol Pay $50 go for photoshoot to get portfolio, at least for sure the subject should be acceptable standard lol

she can't .. cause "for aspiring photographers who would like to take the opportunity to build up their portfolio, and even better, to meet new potential clients if their work are good(have I mentioned 20 kids = many parents?)"

thanks to her help, the earlier PG manage to get alot more job so they don't need anymore exposure. :bsmilie:

She never mention how many pictures to deliver leh. She only said "pictures" so more than 1 will complete the agreement. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.