Looking for my dream camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy

Jun 2, 2002
East Coast
Visit site
Been using my A40 for more than 2 years, quite ok. But there are a few situations when the A40 just doesn't cut it, mainly low-light and video clip i guess. So have been looking for a replacement camera since. Anyway, the specs for my dream camera
- CCD size of 1/1.8" (like the A80)
- Image stabilizer
- Able to capture video clip at 640x480, 30 fps with mpeg4 compression
- AA batt
- 6-10x optical zoom

There are a few models which looked interesting at first but ...
- Canon S1 IS (lack mpeg4, CCD size)
- Panasonic FZxx (lack video)
- Minolta Zxx (lack IS, video compression)
- Olympus 770 (lack IS, AA batt)

Is there anybody else looking for something similar? Hmm, maybe the canon S2 IS ........... :think:

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
Willy said:
Before I start to list the attributes of my dream camera, I should say that I am just a normal user, using my A40 for more than 2 years, mainly for special occasion like oversea trip, family events etc.

But there are a few situations when the A40 just doesn't cut it, mainly low-light and video clip i guess. Anyway, the specs ....
- Image stabilizer
- AA batt
- 6-10x optical zoom

There are a few models which I was looking at

Is there anybody else looking for something similar? Hmm, maybe the canon S2 IS ........... :think:
minolta Zxx doesn't lack IS. :cool:

jamestan

Aug 16, 2004
Singapore
Willy said:
Been using my A40 for more than 2 years, quite ok. But there are a few situations when the A40 just doesn't cut it, mainly low-light and video clip i guess. So have been looking for a replacement camera since. Anyway, the specs for my dream camera
- Image stabilizer
- AA batt
- 6-10x optical zoom

There are a few models which looked interesting at first but ...

:) Get the Canon G6 (should be better than the G5, which my friend has and I sometimes use) and sell me the A40. I need a 2mp "accident" camera. ;)

Willy

Jun 2, 2002
East Coast
Visit site
jamestan said:
:) Get the Canon G6 (should be better than the G5, which my friend has and I sometimes use) and sell me the A40. I need a 2mp "accident" camera. ;)
7 mega pixel is a bit too much for me siah. :sweat:

yowch

Oct 16, 2002
Singapore, Redhill
Visit site
Fuji has some pretty cool cams with video capabilities. The colours are good, the noise quite low and the body design nice.

Willy

Jun 2, 2002
East Coast
Visit site
yowch said:
Fuji has some pretty cool cams with video capabilities. The colours are good, the noise quite low and the body design nice.
ya, s602z was one of the original models I was looking at becoz it can take good video. But after olympus came out with a model supporting mpeg4 compression ... :D

blueblack

Jun 2, 2004
I had the C770, personally experience Mpeg4 is a interesting feature during purchase but it is the 10x zoom that I use often. But I hate the battery, personally I expect it to last longer, but that the trade of for its tiny size with a big len. :cool:

Willy

Jun 2, 2002
East Coast
Visit site
blueblack said:
I had the C770, personally experience Mpeg4 is a interesting feature during purchase but it is the 10x zoom that I use often. But I hate the battery, personally I expect it to last longer, but that the trade of for its tiny size with a big len. :cool:
but 10x without IS or anti-shake can take clear shots har? i tot usually need tripod except for bright day shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom