Looking for my dream camera


Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy

New Member
Jun 2, 2002
69
0
0
East Coast
Visit site
#1
Been using my A40 for more than 2 years, quite ok. But there are a few situations when the A40 just doesn't cut it, mainly low-light and video clip i guess. So have been looking for a replacement camera since. Anyway, the specs for my dream camera
- CCD size of 1/1.8" (like the A80)
- Image stabilizer
- Able to capture video clip at 640x480, 30 fps with mpeg4 compression
- AA batt
- 6-10x optical zoom

There are a few models which looked interesting at first but ...
- Canon S1 IS (lack mpeg4, CCD size)
- Panasonic FZxx (lack video)
- Minolta Zxx (lack IS, video compression)
- Olympus 770 (lack IS, AA batt)

Is there anybody else looking for something similar? Hmm, maybe the canon S2 IS ........... :think:
 

zaren

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
10,957
26
48
#2
Willy said:
Before I start to list the attributes of my dream camera, I should say that I am just a normal user, using my A40 for more than 2 years, mainly for special occasion like oversea trip, family events etc.

But there are a few situations when the A40 just doesn't cut it, mainly low-light and video clip i guess. Anyway, the specs ....
- CCD size of 1/1.8" (like the A80)
- Image stabilizer
- Able to capture video clip at 640x480, 30 fps with mpeg4 compression
- AA batt
- 6-10x optical zoom

There are a few models which I was looking at
- Canon S1 IS (lack mpeg4, CCD size)
- Panasonic FZxx (lack video)
- Minolta Zxx (lack IS, video compression)
- Olympus 770 (lack IS, AA batt)

Is there anybody else looking for something similar? Hmm, maybe the canon S2 IS ........... :think:
minolta Zxx doesn't lack IS. :cool:
 

jamestan

New Member
Aug 16, 2004
1,726
0
0
50
Singapore
#4
Willy said:
Been using my A40 for more than 2 years, quite ok. But there are a few situations when the A40 just doesn't cut it, mainly low-light and video clip i guess. So have been looking for a replacement camera since. Anyway, the specs for my dream camera
- CCD size of 1/1.8" (like the A80)
- Image stabilizer
- Able to capture video clip at 640x480, 30 fps with mpeg4 compression
- AA batt
- 6-10x optical zoom

There are a few models which looked interesting at first but ...
- Canon S1 IS (lack mpeg4, CCD size)
- Panasonic FZxx (lack video)
- Minolta Zxx (lack IS, video compression)
- Olympus 770 (lack IS, AA batt)

Is there anybody else looking for something similar? Hmm, maybe the canon S2 IS ........... :think:
:) Get the Canon G6 (should be better than the G5, which my friend has and I sometimes use) and sell me the A40. I need a 2mp "accident" camera. ;)
 

Willy

New Member
Jun 2, 2002
69
0
0
East Coast
Visit site
#5
jamestan said:
:) Get the Canon G6 (should be better than the G5, which my friend has and I sometimes use) and sell me the A40. I need a 2mp "accident" camera. ;)
7 mega pixel is a bit too much for me siah. :sweat:
 

yowch

New Member
Oct 16, 2002
1,044
0
0
44
Singapore, Redhill
Visit site
#6
Fuji has some pretty cool cams with video capabilities. The colours are good, the noise quite low and the body design nice.
 

Willy

New Member
Jun 2, 2002
69
0
0
East Coast
Visit site
#8
yowch said:
Fuji has some pretty cool cams with video capabilities. The colours are good, the noise quite low and the body design nice.
ya, s602z was one of the original models I was looking at becoz it can take good video. But after olympus came out with a model supporting mpeg4 compression ... :D
 

blueblack

New Member
Jun 2, 2004
22
0
0
53
#9
I had the C770, personally experience Mpeg4 is a interesting feature during purchase but it is the 10x zoom that I use often. But I hate the battery, personally I expect it to last longer, but that the trade of for its tiny size with a big len. :cool:
 

Willy

New Member
Jun 2, 2002
69
0
0
East Coast
Visit site
#10
blueblack said:
I had the C770, personally experience Mpeg4 is a interesting feature during purchase but it is the 10x zoom that I use often. But I hate the battery, personally I expect it to last longer, but that the trade of for its tiny size with a big len. :cool:
but 10x without IS or anti-shake can take clear shots har? i tot usually need tripod except for bright day shots
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom