Looking for like-minded travellers to northeast India

Status
Not open for further replies.

siyimi

Oct 10, 2007
Dear all,

I & my friend are planning a backpacking/photography trip this Dec to North East India, and we are visiting Nagaland, Assam and Sikkim. We are looking for 2 more people to share the cost of transportation & guide fee + ease of permit application (for Nagaland; need 4 ppl to apply)

Details about the Trip

Places we are going
Nagaland, Assam and Sikkim, India

Start Date/Venue of the Trip: 7 Dec 2008 / Kolkata, India (I and my friend will be meeting you there)

End Trip Date :1 / 2 Jan 2009 at Shillguri (which you can take a overnite train/bus to kolkata to take your return flight to Spore; I & my friend will be heading off west region of India)

Budget: < est S$2000 for 27 days (half of it goes to transportation & guide fee; accommdation and food), the amount is considered on budget. For your comparsion, Visit to Nagaland can go as high as US$125 - US150 per day if you were to book thru an agency!

What to expect
Lots of photography opportunities, as we are visiting tribes, homestays at tribal villages (nagaland & assam); festival & mountains, monasteries (at sikkim & assam).
Expect to share buses and drinking chai, eating street foods with locals, and staying at guesthouses.

What if i m interested
Well, pls pm me if you are v. keen ,able to apply/get leave for this period (7 Dec 2008 to 1 or 2 Jan 2009); as my main intention are to keep my travel cost down + getting the permit (to nagaland), my preference is just to get 2 more like-minded travellers and able to travel for the whole duration.

I wouldnt advise you to meet me half way, coz
- unless you are v. familar with India (This is my second trip), you will be facing difficulities in getting transportation (coz northeast india tpt system is not as developed as north west or south india); certain places you will need to get jeep/have your own tpt
- the places that i plan will require special permit and guide for foreigners; which you will not be able to travel to the place alone and without guide even though you are meeting us there...

I will pm you with my email address + a brief itinerity for your consideration, plus possibility to arrange a quick meet-up for you to ask me more questions (subject to my availability)before you to book your own air tickets + applying for Visa.

Lastly, unless you are v. keen and v. sure you can get leave for this period, pls do contact me; otherwise, please DO NOT waste my time (and yours) as well.... We are all busy people with our family, work, friends and children to spend our time with.... right? :)

P.S.
if you have no idea the places i am talking about... pls do help yourself by googling the places om the internet and read the info, before contact me... i wont want again to waste my time to describe to you those places... ok? :D

Thanks for reading... !!!

Hey there, I'm really interested. Talk to you more through email? :)

unfortunately i can never commit myself too long a vacation, although nagaland has always been one of the places i'm keen to visit.

Do time yourself for the Hornbill festival and bring me back some photos (put up a thread :) ). And the other guys, don't hesitate if you can afford the time. This is going to be a great event.

unfortunately i can never commit myself too long a vacation, although nagaland has always been one of the places i'm keen to visit.

Do time yourself for the Hornbill festival and bring me back some photos (put up a thread :) ). And the other guys, don't hesitate if you can afford the time. This is going to be a great event.

Hi Zoossh, unfortuately, due to my working schedule, i have to miss the hornbill festival :cry:
but the visit to sikkim (for their losoong festival) hopefully can make up for it...

btw, next time if you ar planning to go sikkim, dun hestiate to contact me. U know where to 'find' me... ;)

Hi Zoossh, unfortuately, due to my working schedule, i have to miss the hornbill festival :cry:
but the visit to sikkim (for their losoong festival) hopefully can make up for it...

btw, next time if you ar planning to go sikkim, dun hestiate to contact me. U know where to 'find' me... ;)

u mean u dun mind revisiting same place?

u mean u dun mind revisiting same place?

well, lets depend how extensive i manage to cover for this trip (for sikkim)... :)

you can still pm or email me to get the contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.