Looking for lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutabor

Jun 24, 2005
Singapore
mutaborphoto.com
Hi,
I want to convert my sole-proprietor business to pte ltd company and have some questions regarding taxes. Anyone could recommend a lawyer who could give a consultation regarding this matter?

Thanks

Hi,
I want to convert my sole-proprietor business to pte ltd company and have some questions regarding taxes. Anyone could recommend a layer who could give a consultation regarding this matter?

Thanks

layer ???? photoshop create new layer ?

or u mean lawyer ?

why would you need a lawyer? I think you can try to find the information from www.acra.gov.sg instead or set up appointment with them for enquiry.

Or better still just opt for a new start up as pte ltd, and transfer your clients to the new company.

As for taxes, look for the tax department for questions.

Well here comes the tricky part.. as a sole proprietor I pay taxes only once. In case of pte ltd I'll have to pay the company taxes and my personal taxes. And I've been told by a few local friends that there are legal ways to reduce this double taxation. Hence I'm looking for a lawyer who could give a consultation regarding this matter.

why would you need a lawyer? I think you can try to find the information from www.acra.gov.sg instead or set up appointment with them for enquiry.

Or better still just opt for a new start up as pte ltd, and transfer your clients to the new company.

Maybe u can post on the services offered.

We have foc photographers, makeup artists, models, maybe can get foc lawyers too. :bsmilie:

(pun not directed at u) ;)

or consult a cpa.

maybe you can contact Vince123123.
He seems well versed with legal issues.

given such scenario, i am wondering why would income be taxed twice? double taxation?

Well here comes the tricky part.. as a sole proprietor I pay taxes only once. In case of pte ltd I'll have to pay the company taxes and my personal taxes. And I've been told by a few local friends that there are legal ways to reduce this double taxation. Hence I'm looking for a lawyer who could give a consultation regarding this matter.

I thought accountant should be more familiar regarding tax???

It is not called double taxation, one is personal tax which everyone has to pay, the other is company tax which if you have a business also must pay.

For companies, if you want to reduce taxation, you should consult CPA (certified public accountant) instead, they know the ins and out of company matters and taxes.

I still don't understand why you need a lawyer for?:dunno:

bill everything as business cost and take minimum wage to avoid tax

wah lau ah beng selling chicken rice also know that

layer ???? photoshop create new layer ?

hahahahaha......... :bsmilie:

i think you need an accountant, not a lawyer.

There is no such thing as double taxation .... remember, a "pte Ltd" is a separate entity, ie. like a different person. Pte Ltd is taxed at company rate, and sole proprietor is in personal rate.
There are distinct advantages and disadvantages in both setup. One of the disadvantages is that you need to keep a more proper set of account and as well the tax rate is much higher for Pte Ltd.
Briefly, unless you have some partners and unless the company is doing very well (good income) or unless you need financing from banks, investors, etc.. forget about Pte Ltd.
Actually no need to consult any accountant, just buy a DIY book and read about the differences and if you have make a decision then go look for an accountant in the yellow pages.

ok guys, you convinced me. I'm no longer looking for a lawyer. May be will post "looking for an accountant" thread latter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.